Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked and Activated 1.1.2 for TMobile. Traveling in Dominican Repbulic, no interne

Default Unlocked and Activated 1.1.2 for TMobile. Traveling in Dominican Repbulic, no interne
    I have an unlocked and activated on T Mobile US. Traveling in Dominican Republic and I am not able to get any internet, emails or Apps.

I have wireless connected and it is recognizing WiFi but wont give me internet.

can someone help.

thx

I think I have your answer. Make sure Data Roaming is turned on. This makes sure that you don't have unwanted data roaming charges when traveling abroad. Be careful it does get very pricey when I was in greece with my sidekick with tmobile I returned to a data roaming charge of $300. With that being said follow these steps.

Setting--> General --> Network --> Data Roaming-- Switch ON--> Done

djspoilz,

did that and it still does not work. safari give me "cant open page because it cant find server" and installer cannot refresh.

As I am T Mobile and in DR I am getting Orange, could it possibly be that i need the international sim support? but I did not think that would be an issue as I have full bars on WiFi.

Thx.

Well the Orange service itself may not have the option of data plans over in DR that could be one issue. Another issue is connecting to to WiFi and your phone doesn't fully connect with the Wifi network you are connecting too. In that case I would say its prob just a wifi issue to the unit or service you are connecting too and not a phone problem.
    T-Mobile W/Edge
    iPhone- 1.1.1 Jailbroken/Unlocked
    SURE HELL BEATS THE SIDEKICK1,2,3,and Slide

thanks for the insite. at least from what you say, it is not an issue on the phone itself. will installing the international sim app and setting to DR help in this case even though I am in international but sim card is not?

kody