Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stealth Sim works with OTB 1.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by brownbulldawg View Post
    Ok, I've spent hours last night since I got my StealthSim but it still showed NO SIM after multiple attemps.
    I even tried to redo the downgrading to 1.1.1 them upgrading to 1.1.2 twice & it still says No Sim. I carefully tried to align the Sim card & the Stealth Sim & still not working.
    I have a new T-Mobile (US) sim card, FYI. The iPhone was bought in the US (OTB 1.1.2). And I don't think the SIM is defected either as it looks fine to me.
    I know I wasn't the only one who experienced this "NO Sim" message with Stealth Sim. To those of you who went through this; what did you do to make it work?! Any advice?!
    Anything would help. Thanks in advance.
    I was getting a problem with "No SIM" appearing after I took the SIM out and later when it sort of happened on it's own even after it had been working.

What I did to fix it was to make sure enough of the corner piece was cut out. You'll notice the little corner that piece that sticks up on the Turbosim actually tapers down and is not perfectly square. I made sure to trim enough so that the sloped part wasn't covered by the SIM at all and just kept shaving off little bits to get it there.

Good luck.

I think I've already cut my Sim Card enough space for that tiny square part but I'll see. I'll do anything right now just to make this sh*& work! So, is yours up & running right now? No problems?!

Ok, it says NO SIM but is it normal that it has a lot of signal bars? Right beside the "No Sim" (where a Network should be), I have a perfect signal bar. What is that supposed to mean?!
    Last edited by brownbulldawg; 2007-12-13 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Quick Q:

do not cut more than you have alredy it will mess it up.. This was happening to me to.. What you need to do its to tell your network provider that you have lost your sim and they will give you a new one.. You have to do this because if your sim is the old version ones this method will not work because the stealth sim only works with new sim cards
    Last edited by bebex; 2007-12-13 at 08:41 PM.
    Like what I said? Hit the Thanks button!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bebex View Post
    do not cut more than you have alredy it will mess it up.. This was happening to me to.. What you need to do its to tell your networj provider that you have lost your sim and they will give you a new because if yoyr sim is the old version ones this method will not work because the stealth sim inly works with new sim cards
    I have the new T-Mobile sim card, the one with pink T on it (white sim). I think I don't have a problem about the cut, I don't think I did it wrong. I must not be aligning them properly (???) Although, trust me, I have tried to re-align them millions of times...

Talking Stealthsim works, FINALLY !!!
    After doing a lot of testing and alignments with other SIMs, this is what I did to make it work:

1. I cleaned every contact perfectly with isopropilic alcohol
    2. I cut my SIM using the a MAGICSIM shape cutter.
    3. I aligned my SIM with the STEALTHSIM card and tape it.
    4. Inserted and it works great !!!

I tried with other SIMS from China, Hongkong, etc and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by brownbulldawg View Post
    I have the new T-Mobile sim card, the one with pink T on it (white sim). I think I don't have a problem about the cut, I don't think I did it wrong. I must not be aligning them properly (???) Although, trust me, I have tried to re-align them millions of times...
    yeah i had the same sim card too.. The white one with the big pink T on the front but the new one its exactly the same except for the part where the chip is exposed, its arranged differently.. Trust me ur stealth sim works and your iphone its not messed up. Its your sim card, i though the same as you until i thought about the sim card being the problem...

OH MY GOD, I just tried to use it on my foreign "Smart" sim card (from Philippines) & the damn thing worked! It now says T-Mobile ('cause it's roaming)!
    So, I think you might be right. I might have to get a new sim from T-Mobile! Did they make you pay for it? Can I get it from any T-Mobile retailer?!

Quote Originally Posted by pborobia View Post
    After doing a lot of testing and alignments with other SIMs, this is what I did to make it work:

1. I cleaned every contact perfectly with isopropilic alcohol
    2. I cut my SIM using the a MAGICSIM shape cutter.
    3. I aligned my SIM with the STEALTHSIM card and tape it.
    4. Inserted and it works great !!!

I tried with other SIMS from China, Hongkong, etc and it works.
    By cleaning your Sim Card with Isoprophyl Alcohol, wouldn't that damage your sim?
    Where exactly did you tape it? On the edges?
    Last edited by brownbulldawg; 2007-12-13 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No they didnt. But it was because my sister in law has been working in t- mobile for years so she got it for free for me.. But i remember somebody saying that you have to pay 30$ for it.. Call costumer service and find out..

Hi I’m in South America and I’ve installed a steathSIM on my OTB 1.1.2 iPhone. Although after the installation it does recognize my carrier (Personal) allowing me to make calls. Other functions of the “phone” are not working quite as well as the should, for instance the phone kind of reset itself when it receives a call; the keypad for example quit itself after pressing one or two numbers.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issues.?

Thanks.

Default Update!
    Just an update of my never-ending saga with Stealth Sim since I received it. I finally got it to work! Thank you all for the help & advices.
    I did change my old T-Mobile sim card to a newer one & voila, it worked like a f*&$ing charm!!!

Let us just hope & pray that we do not run into some problems in the future.

ordered my stealth sim a few hours back. Cant wait to get my Iphone running on the Fido network.

It better work for me because I'm gonna order one.

on the optus network. fingers crossed.
    Last edited by yowiphone; 2007-12-14 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

I got mine to work awesomely (is that a word?). Although I did have some troubles at first, the SIM I had, although it was newer, wouldnt get recognized. I had to get a new SIM from T-Mobile that has bigger square bricks on the back....rather than the oval shaped gold contacts.
    I got THIS SIM card and it worked PERFECT! I noticed it didnt work until I did the OktoPrep and upgraded back to 1.1.2 NOT RESTORE and then activating again and sticking it in with the StealthSIM worked like a charm!

Heres the kinda SIM I had to get in order for it to work:

Quote Originally Posted by icandelarezi View Post
    Hi I’m in South America and I’ve installed a steathSIM on my OTB 1.1.2 iPhone. Although after the installation it does recognize my carrier (Personal) allowing me to make calls. Other functions of the “phone” are not working quite as well as the should, for instance the phone kind of reset itself when it receives a call; the keypad for example quit itself after pressing one or two numbers.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issues.?

Thanks.
    From the Installer get iWorld installed to your iPhone, after you exit installer your iPhone will reboot, look for the iWorld icon and there select your country in South America. Reboot your phone and you are done.

Saludos desde Panama

Quote Originally Posted by Gilboyto View Post
    I got mine to work awesomely (is that a word?). Although I did have some troubles at first, the SIM I had, although it was newer, wouldnt get recognized. I had to get a new SIM from T-Mobile that has bigger square bricks on the back....rather than the oval shaped gold contacts.
    I got THIS SIM card and it worked PERFECT! I noticed it didnt work until I did the OktoPrep and upgraded back to 1.1.2 NOT RESTORE and then activating again and sticking it in with the StealthSIM worked like a charm!

Heres the kinda SIM I had to get in order for it to work:
    Hell YEA! Thats the sim I got. I got the stealth sim but I dont have an Iphone yet. (Go ahead flame away!) I am getting it today! Cant wait. Hopefully I have 0 problems but I guess expect the worst and hope for the best!

Works on 2 phones in Greece on Vodafone. Have to cut out part for the stealthsim, plus a small strip down the side right next to the metal part of the sim card, if the metal part of the sim is aligned in the middle.

I hope i wont have any problems this is how my sim looks:

Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Stealthsim now available from ordering within europe at unlockthatiphone.com Not bad priced either compared to .ca site apparently they are taken pre orders tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyddd View Post
    Stealthsim now available from ordering within europe at unlockthatiphone.com Not bad priced either compared to .ca site apparently they are taken pre orders tomorrow.
    "For this reason, we recommend that you do NOT update your iPhone further than the 1.1.1 firmware that is currently installed."

The iPhones they sell are 1.1.1. Their stealth Sim obviously does not handle the OOB iphones (yet?). Not much of a use if this is true. This means there is a difference to turboSim which unlocks the oob uk iphones.

Dont think the site is fully updated yet i assume thats from when they used the software unlock, thats where i bought my iphone from, Told me they are not offical Suppliers of the Stealth Sim.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast