Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stealth Sim works with OTB 1.1.2

thinking about picking one of these bad boys for my newer Iphone.... Just wondering if anyone had any luck using it in Canada on the Fido network?

thanks

Ramy

Quote Originally Posted by ramy98 View Post
    thinking about picking one of these bad boys for my newer Iphone.... Just wondering if anyone had any luck using it in Canada on the Fido network?

thanks

Ramy
    ah. I'd like to find this out as well !

Confirmed, it does works, i have the new black stealthsim, they shiped it very fast like in 3 days or so it was here already i got a bit of a headake for doing all the downgrade to 1.1.1 online jailbreak process but it was worth it, easy to put in the sim tray, easy to install, and no complications.
    Definatly a good purchase, im using UNICEL right now.

Does this work for TELSTRA for Australia?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

I have an OTB 1.1.2, downgraded to 1.1.1 & upgraded to 1.1.2. I've ordered the StealthSim & I am supposed to be getting it today & will be using it with my T-Mobile sim card. So, I still have yet to try this.
    Now in some forums, I read some people who have the 1.1.2 with Stealth Sim working just fine & some people say, they had to downgrade to 1.1.1 to have Stealth Sim work on their iPhone?! I hope I would not have to downgrade to 1.1.1 as I am so sick & tired of restoring, downgrading, upgrading my iPhone!
    Anyways, as soon as I get the chance to play around with it, I will inform y'all.

I ordered mine yesterday and it shipped in 1 day. I checked my UPS tracking order and it's waiting for me at home I'm in toronto and I have both the Fido and Rogers SIM cards. I'll test both and reply back here to give you guys the results.

It's most helpful to everyone to know:

1 - What country you are using it in/carrier.
    2- Was the phone purchased in the U.S./from a U.S. source or was it purchased via a non U.S. nation?
    Hmm...

I am so, so happy. I ordered the TurboSim over the weekend. It shipped on Monday and arrived today. I set it up on my iPhone and my friend's iPhone and it worked like a charm.

Details:
    - iPhones were ordered online by a friend living in the US who then brought it to me.
    - Working with Canadian Fido sim cards. FWIW, my SIM card is relatively old, at least a few years old. My friend's is relatively new and both worked like a charm.

Interesting notes:
    - I prepared mine first. I kept cutting a little at a time until the sim card sandwich slipped in without forcing it. The only thing I needed to force was when the top edge of the sim card was right up to the iphone. I'm talking about the edge that lies flush with the iPhone itself. Previous to that it kept getting stuck halfway or a little more and just kept trimming. I read over at the hackint0sh thread to avoid having it get stuff so that's what I did.
    - I then prepared my friend's and kept getting stuck so decided to get mine out and compare the cut. I then got my friend's in and it worked. I then put mine back in and got "No SIM". My heart sank. I just took the time to align it properly and got it in worked. Took about a dozen or so times. Lesson learned: Do not take out the SIM.

Quote Originally Posted by casal View Post
    I am so, so happy. I ordered the TurboSim over the weekend. It shipped on Monday and arrived today. I set it up on my iPhone and my friend's iPhone and it worked like a charm.

Details:
    - iPhones were ordered online by a friend living in the US who then brought it to me.
    - Working with Canadian Fido sim cards. FWIW, my SIM card is relatively old, at least a few years old. My friend's is relatively new and both worked like a charm.

Interesting notes:
    - I prepared mine first. I kept cutting a little at a time until the sim card sandwich slipped in without forcing it. The only thing I needed to force was when the top edge of the sim card was right up to the iphone. I'm talking about the edge that lies flush with the iPhone itself. Previous to that it kept getting stuck halfway or a little more and just kept trimming. I read over at the hackint0sh thread to avoid having it get stuff so that's what I did.
    - I then prepared my friend's and kept getting stuck so decided to get mine out and compare the cut. I then got my friend's in and it worked. I then put mine back in and got "No SIM". My heart sank. I just took the time to align it properly and got it in worked. Took about a dozen or so times. Lesson learned: Do not take out the SIM.
    Casal, thanks for this information ! Very helpful

yay!!!!!!!!!!!
    everything works finally!
    ok so i told t-mobile that i lost my sim and they gave me the newer version ones and so i cutted it and put it with stealth sim and it worked on the first try!!!!!!!!!
    everything works: phone, edge, sms, etc. But one thing that doesnt work its visual voice mail
    Like what I said? Hit the Thanks button!!!

just tested on my fido and rogers sim cards. Both work with stealthsim

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jmeelo For This Useful Post:

ramy98 (2007-12-13)

Quote Originally Posted by jmeelo View Post
    just tested on my fido and rogers sim cards. Both work with stealthsim

Which website did you procure yourstealth sim from ?
    I like the fast shipping ; im in Vancouver :-)

congrats on the iphones.

Ramy

Quote Originally Posted by ramy98 View Post
    Which website did you procure yourstealth sim from ?
    I like the fast shipping ; im in Vancouver :-)

congrats on the iphones.

Ramy
    I got mine from the only authorized dealer. www.iphonestealth.ca

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i live in Mississippi. i ordered mine on Dec 11 at 3:30 pm CST and received it on Dec 12 at 9:30 am CST. 18 hours from Canada to Mississippi. Amazing.

Question Help Please!
    I just got my Stealth Sim & I get the message No Sim. I've read here in some forums that this also happened to some.
    Is it just a matter of trying & retrying it? I have an OTB 1.1.2 (downgraded to 1.1.1 & upgraded to 1.1.2). Should I just keep trying? I keep trying to align the metal part to my Sim...but I guess I am doing something wrong (???)

Wanna check did any bros bought it from http://www.iphonehellas.com/iPhoneHellas/Product.html ? Its situated in Greece and alot more pricey. However they are not listed as 1 of the dealers in www.stealthsim.com

Any bros purchase and got their package? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by milkmedia View Post
    i live in Mississippi. i ordered mine on Dec 11 at 3:30 pm CST and received it on Dec 12 at 9:30 am CST. 18 hours from Canada to Mississippi. Amazing.
    Arg...lucky you. Mine is stuck at customs for a full day.

Default Desperate 4 HELP!
    Ok, I've spent hours last night since I got my StealthSim but it still showed NO SIM after multiple attemps.
    I even tried to redo the downgrading to 1.1.1 them upgrading to 1.1.2 twice & it still says No Sim. I carefully tried to align the Sim card & the Stealth Sim & still not working.
    I have a new T-Mobile (US) sim card, FYI. The iPhone was bought in the US (OTB 1.1.2). And I don't think the SIM is defected either as it looks fine to me.
    I know I wasn't the only one who experienced this "NO Sim" message with Stealth Sim. To those of you who went through this; what did you do to make it work?! Any advice?!
    Anything would help. Thanks in advance.

i got NO SIM error on first place due to it slide off and did not lie-up perfectly with your sim when you inserting into slot. due to stealthsim just stay on top of your sim and nothing hold it in place when you insert into slot,here some of my tricks found during installation:
    i applied very small amount of silicon (a tip of toothpick) to hold both sims together first! then insert sim tray back into slot when holding iphone with slot point downward to floor.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dvd65 For This Useful Post:

makesmoves (2007-12-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Success!
    I got my Stealth Sim yesterday. I went through the steps to downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, then back up to 1.1.2, jailbreak and insert the sims together. The whole thing took about 10 minutes and I now have a fully functioning iPhone on the Rogers (Canada) network. I have Youtube enabled and all.
    The only snag I ran into was that the two cards were a bit snug sliding them in and it sort of felt like I was scratching them but I think that was my own nervousness.
    I recommend this method whole heartedly and if you have any questions about it message me.

Thanks Stealth Sim!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast