Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stealth Sim works with OTB 1.1.2

SO HAS ANYONE tried it?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Default People have tried Stealsim
    seems to be working.... check out http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...t=18329&page=5

There's some discussion in a linked thread there about this only working if you purchased the phone in the U.S. since there is a hard coded number that you can't change in that device they sell you.
    Hmm...

So which one is better this or turbosim?

STEALTHSIM works better than Turbosim according to a few sites.

There are something that looks and works exactly the same as this in Hong Kong call King Sim, and they are only selling for $450 hk which is about $50 us.

i just recieved "stealth sim" yesterday ordered it on line from website , was a little apprehensive but gave it a shot. Im on t-mobile in US after unlocking 1.1.2 with jailbreak (jailbreak with stealth sim inserted in phone) worked like a charm

there is a link on stealth sim web site for 1.1.2 jailbreak again i jailbreak with stealth sim inserted
    Last edited by pomlittle; 2007-12-09 at 02:35 PM.

Anyone with a European bought iPhone tried this stealth sim now that we know it works on US purchased iphones?
    Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    STEALTHSIM works better than Turbosim according to a few sites.
    The Stealthsim comes pre-programmed, but the Turbosim is a blank, correct? If that is the case, is the Stealthsim able to be re-programmed later on just like the Turbosim?

Quote Originally Posted by pomlittle View Post
    i just recieved "stealth sim" yesterday ordered it on line from website , was a little apprehensive but gave it a shot. Im on t-mobile in US after unlocking 1.1.2 with jailbreak (jailbreak with stealth sim inserted in phone) worked like a charm

there is a link on stealth sim web site for 1.1.2 jailbreak again i jailbreak with stealth sim inserted
    I just purchased a StealthSim and it looks like Fedex will be delivering it tomorrow (12/10). I purchased it on 12/6. I think that was great turn-a-round.

I jailbroke my OTB 1.1.2 by downgrading to 1.1.1, downgrading to 1.0.2, upgrading back to 1.1.1 (still on it. Will I need to upgrade to 1.1.2 to use the StealthSim??? I also noticed you re-jailbroke using the StealthSim, Was that part of the instructions for use???

I will update (thumbs up or down) after it is installed...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xrover View Post
    I just purchased a StealthSim and it looks like Fedex will be delivering it tomorrow (12/10). I purchased it on 12/6. I think that was great turn-a-round.

I jailbroke my OTB 1.1.2 by downgrading to 1.1.1, downgrading to 1.0.2, upgrading back to 1.1.1 (still on it. Will I need to upgrade to 1.1.2 to use the StealthSim??? I also noticed you re-jailbroke using the StealthSim, Was that part of the instructions for use???

I will update (thumbs up or down) after it is installed...
    I would download the Jailbreak they have posted on the support page:
    http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

Also posted in this thread:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17963
    ...then follow the guide to inserting the cards. The instructions in the link explain how to downgrade to 1.1.1 then back to 1.1.2. It also says they dont garuntee it to be %100 effective which is odd since no one seems to have a problem with that step.

I have just ordered a Stealth Sim too and will report back with how it goes. I have researched it all over the net and have found no negative reports or reports of failure outside of some people having trouble with fitting the cards into the iPhone. I'm going to jailbreak it down to 1.1.1 so I can at least use the thing while waiting for my Stealth Sim
    Last edited by Samandella; 2007-12-10 at 12:03 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Samandella For This Useful Post:

makesmoves (2007-12-14)

ok so i have tried everything with this stealth sim..
    i have downgraded (from OTB 1.1.2) then jailbreak then OKtoPrep then upgraded to 1.1.2 then use the 1.1.2 jailbreak and still nothing... the damn thing wont work..
    when i put it in with my t-mobile sim card it says No SIM, what the HECK???!!!
    but when i put it in with the original iphone at&t sim card that it somes with it just works fine..it just says no service...

i need help with these please..!!
    thanks..
    Like what I said? Hit the Thanks button!!!

Yeah i guess. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by anthongy817 View Post
    The Stealthsim comes pre-programmed, but the Turbosim is a blank, correct? If that is the case, is the Stealthsim able to be re-programmed later on just like the Turbosim?
    Yeah.
    Last edited by yowiphone; 2007-12-10 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You should try using it after downgrading to 1.1.1 again. If that works, upgrade again to 1.1.2 to see if theres an issue with OTB 1.1.2.

If it works on 1.1.1 it will be good info for both us and StealtSim to have for the masses.

I am still waiting for mine to arrive. I will try it with my OTB 1.1.2 that was downgraded and is now still on 1.1.1 and let all know the results.

I did use the download from the StealthSim website to downgrade but, had to also use ibrickr (that was not included) to finish the jailbreak.

Good luck...

UPDATE...

Check out the link here http://www.iphonestealth.ca/support.htm

This explains what you do to use the StealtSim.

Looks like you dont rejailbreak with the StealthSim in, you do your jailbreak before installing the StealthSim. I would think you'll need to be on 1.1.1 or lower at this point on an OTB 1.1.2 that was downgraded for jailbreak for the StealthSim to work but, I could be wrong.

It just seems that every thread I read with a working StealthSim is someone on 1.1.1 and every none working StealthSim is someone back on 1.1.2.
    Last edited by xrover; 2007-12-10 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by bebex View Post
    ok so i have tried everything with this stealth sim..
    i have downgraded (from OTB 1.1.2) then jailbreak then OKtoPrep then upgraded to 1.1.2 then use the 1.1.2 jailbreak and still nothing... the damn thing wont work..
    when i put it in with my t-mobile sim card it says No SIM, what the HECK???!!!
    but when i put it in with the original iphone at&t sim card that it somes with it just works fine..it just says no service...

i need help with these please..!!
    thanks..
    I read an interesting post over at hackint0sh by an Italian user who used the stealthsim. He claimed to have modified two different SIM cards from two different Italian carriers. One of them worked without any problem. The other gave him a "no simcard" error message. It turns out that the placement of the contact points differed slightly from one carrier to the other. To me it sounds like you have the same issue. You have to look at making sure the contact points are aligned perfectly.

Here's the post: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...7&postcount=83

Good luck

thank you so much for your time for replying to this!
    im sure going to try this ASAP!

EDIT:
    =[
    still doesnt work i alligned the stealth sim perfectly with my us t-mobile sim card and it still says No SIM..
    tried it like 20 times..
    Last edited by bebex; 2007-12-11 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Like what I said? Hit the Thanks button!!!

Angry Stealthsim NO SIM error
    Same problem here.
    I got my stealthsim today on FEDEX, the black version.
    Does not work. I tried it with different sims, different IFONES, even with a unlocked one.
    I JUST DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE SIM.

damn.

I had the same issue at first. I was able to use one of the never Tmobile sim cards to gain service. Older sims ar green on the bottom and dont have a "T" logo on the top. I would imagine other carriers would have the same old sim issue also.

Check the Tmobile forum for more info.

Good luck...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast