Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A few questions on jailbreaking/unlocking/activating

Default A few questions on jailbreaking/unlocking/activating
    Couldn't find a thread that was more of a FAQ on the whole process.. but here's my situation:

I bought an iPhone last year and activated it with AT&T like normal, the only mods I did were using a custom springboard/home screen/icons. I used a pick-your-plan option for a while before I cancelled it (opted for paying $10/month through Verizon instead of $60/month with AT&T), and that was several months ago. My number was freed and given to someone else, so essentially I'm left with a brand new phone, right? Anyway, what I want to do now is get the iPhone working with a TMobile prepaid SIM and hopefully EDGE/internet capabilites. Basically, I'd like to have a fully functional iPhone without paying $60/month. Could I do this via iLiberty and a prepaid SIM? Or some other method?

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

yes , unless youre on mac use iliberty , if you have mac use pwnage . your best plan would be 1000 min for $39,99 plus t-zones $5,99 and use t-zones hack in installer ..youll have full internet for $45 +tax

Thanks, Barca.. and what if I wanted to port my Verizon number over to the iPhone? Could I still do that?

Quote Originally Posted by automag389 View Post
    Thanks, Barca.. and what if I wanted to port my Verizon number over to the iPhone? Could I still do that?

most likely, or as far as i know, NO, because verizon does not use sim cards and the iphone needs one (All GSM phones come with a SIM card as far as I know. I asked Verizon about it and reason their phones don't have SIM cards is because it needs GSM)

Well I know it's possible to port the number over if I was to activate the iPhone normally, that's what I did last year when I got it. But I I'm not sure if I can do it with JB/activate/unlock and a TMobile SIM.