Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to activate only (No unlock/No Jailbreak)

Default How to activate only (No unlock/No Jailbreak)
    I'm trying to use an ATT Pay-as-you-Go sim card in my iPhone and I just want to activate my iPhone and keep it Locked and Not Jailbroken.

If you must know why I want to do this is because I am going to take it to the Apple store for service.

Thanks!

Thanks

I think that if you're going to send it off for service you have to take your sim out....anyway, use iLiberty and select the activate check box only

I've already heard from someone that if you don't have an ATT sim in the phone when you bring it in then they will not service it.

And on iLiberty I can click on the Activate checkbox but you cannot uncheck the Jailbreak box!

Thanks

Oh ok then, I just realized, wasn't thinking. Jailbreak then, just don't install Cydia/Installer

where did you get the pay as you go sim card, im looking to get one

I bought an ATT Go Phone from Walmart $15, then went to one of those ATT kiosks in the mall and talked to the dude there and he said he could activate the SIM card (in exchange for the Go Phone). Then you can use that SIM in your "Unlocked" iPhone.

But beware, it eats up the money on the card like crazy when using any internet, email, weather, stocks, etc. I didn't do it to save money, I was using it as a test.

There was a thread, I think in the ATT section, about someone that had a data only ATT SIM card, unlimited data for $20/mo. That might be the way to go - not sure if you can add voice minutes to that SIM though.

you dont even have to jailbrake you can use ziphone and just press activate under advance features

Quote Originally Posted by br8thw8 View Post
    I'm trying to use an ATT Pay-as-you-Go sim card in my iPhone and I just want to activate my iPhone and keep it Locked and Not Jailbroken.

If you must know why I want to do this is because I am going to take it to the Apple store for service.

Thanks!
    good question Im trying to do the same thing. Anybody else got some tips