Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it even possible to put my iPhone back into Locked and Un-Jailbroken mode?

Default Is it even possible to put my iPhone back into Locked and Un-Jailbroken mode?
    I have been going around and around with this problem of my iPhone losing it's signal. It seems to work for a couple days then not work for a couple days. I've tried Ziphone, WinPwn, iLiberty, BootNeuter, etc and it always ends up the same way, No Service for a couple days and then works for a couple days, then repeat.

I went out and bought an ATT Go Phone and put in that sim card and it seems to almost always have a signal. But not 100% but way more consistent than my T-Mobile sim.

So I want to believe it is a hardware problem with the iPhone and I want to take it into Apple. But I need to make it appear that it was never unlocked and jailbroken. I don't know if it is really possible to get it back to that state.

I have tried putting into DFU mode and restoring it and it keeps working with my T-Mobile sim card so it really isn't back to OTB mode. I have heard that sometimes the people at the Apple store will pop in a T-Mobile sim just to check if you have unlocked the phone and if so will refuse to replace it.

Any help out there?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

To get it back to factory stock, BootNeuter will help you get the bootloader and baseband back to how it should. If it's originally a 4.6 bootloader phone, the BootNeuter settings should be: 4.6, neuter OFF, no FB (FakeBlank) and unlock should be set to off. Then flash it and hope all goes well. I was having a signal loss issue after I accidentally unlocked using Pwnage Tool (I'm an AT&T customer), even after flashing it back to stock (multiple times, even) and DFU restoring to stock 1.1.4. You should be fine as long as you have it back to stock and the IMEI in the phone still matches what's printed on the back of the phone. You might get a little flak if it's not mated up to an active AT&T account.
    I came, I saw, I forgot what the hell I was there for.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kcrmson For This Useful Post:

br8thw8 (2008-06-11)

thanks!

Can someone shed some light on this with regards to the new 2.0 firmware and the new pwnage tool.

I would like to revirginize and lock my phone to factory settings. Is it as simple as restoring in iTunes if we've used the pwnage tool 2.0 to upgrade?