Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrading 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 without the original AT&T sim card?

Default upgrading 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 without the original AT&T sim card?
    I was trying to upgrading my 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 so I can jailbreak and activate my phone but realized I lost the original AT&T sim card. I attempted to upgrade (with no sim card in the slot) by holding home/power for 25 seconds and chose to restore 1.1.1 firmware in iTunes. Everything was well but at the end iTunes could not recognize the phone. My question is, is my phone updated to 1.1.1? Or am I still at 1.0.2 because I don't have a sim card in there when I was performing the upgrade?

I'm in Tawian, Asia, can I use my local providers' unlocked (no pin) sim card to perform the upgrade, jailbreak and activate? OR do I have to have the original AT&T sim card in there to do all these?

Please help.

Have a similar question. Can we upgrade our unocked 1.02 to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 without an orignal AT&T Sim

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shivamxp View Post
    Have a similar question. Can we upgrade our unocked 1.02 to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 without an orignal AT&T Sim
    Yes you can. But if 1.0.2 was unlocked with anySIM 1.02 or iUnlock you need to virginize first
    iPhone 1.1.2 8GB
    Orange/Cosmote RO.
    Fully functional!

Favorites: Categories, ShowTime Unlimited, CameraPro + crack , iSMS, Listen

...and don't forget the thanks button

Quote Originally Posted by unixvik View Post
    Yes you can. But if 1.0.2 was unlocked with anySIM 1.02 or iUnlock you need to virginize first
    can you tell me how?

i have a iphone firmware 1.1.1 jailbroken without a at&t sim but i cant unlock it for t-mobile to use it does anybody know how to solve that problem ?