Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Read If You Have A Otb 1.1.2 Before Posting

Quote Originally Posted by lrdx View Post
    I've heard that the unlock is ready, they're just waiting for 1.1.3 release on saturday so apple cant fix before this new version...and I also heard that the unlock depends of the 1.1.3...

So much expeculation, just wanna my iphone unlocked..hope that they release it at saturday...
    From your mouth to God's ears.

what is otb and oob, and how do you know what you have?

Quote Originally Posted by loopi_lu View Post
    what is otb and oob, and how do you know what you have?
    I second that question. Can somebody explain what OOB and OTB stand for?
    Thanks

OOB and OTB are the same...

OOB = Out Of Box
    OTB = Out of The Box

5. The Following User Says Thank You to raquiros For This Useful Post:

bimmerme (2007-12-13)

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerme View Post
    I second that question. Can somebody explain what OOB and OTB stand for?
    Thanks
    Something like "on the box"

Stands for factory version.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to eldany For This Useful Post:

bimmerme (2007-12-13)

"On The Box" ? ROFLMAO

Out of The Box OTB

Out Of the Box OOB

New In Box NIB

Be Patient !!!!!!!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Hi,

Does anybody know who is actually working on the unlock? I went on the dev team forum, and it isn't really moving there...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spamz View Post
    Hi,

Does anybody know who is actually working on the unlock? I went on the dev team forum, and it isn't really moving there...
    As has been said multiple times, the Dev Team cannot do any more work on 1.1.2 OTB unlocking until/unless there is a NEW firmware with a NEW Bootloader. Period. Until/unless that happens, basically all unlocking on 1.1.2 has ceased.

Understood and thanks for clarifying.

Just to re-ask my earlier question, is there no way of taking a 1.1.2 OTB, reverting back to 1.0.2, virginizing (including bootloader), then unlocking that?

Or is it really you can't re-write the boot loader? I have seen different people in different locations discussing doing exactly this and others saying it's not possible yet. I just haven't found a wiki / clear answer to the question yet.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by skylabops View Post
    Understood and thanks for clarifying.

Just to re-ask my earlier question, is there no way of taking a 1.1.2 OTB, reverting back to 1.0.2, virginizing (including bootloader), then unlocking that?

Or is it really you can't re-write the boot loader? I have seen different people in different locations discussing doing exactly this and others saying it's not possible yet. I just haven't found a wiki / clear answer to the question yet.

Thanks in advance.
    As far as I know... no, or atleast thats what I've read here and what my friend has been hearing. Im in the same boat... just need to be patient

AS FAR AS I KNOW THERE WILL NEVER BE AN FREE UNLOCK FOR OTB 1.1.2 firmware.

SO JUST GO WITH STEALTHSIM!!

Default **FOR PEOPLE WITH OOTB 1.1.2 iPhones...
    The ONLY way to have it FULLY UNLOCKED is to use either TURBOSIM or STEALTHSIM only. There is no current "software" unlock. You Can Jailbreak a OOTB 1.1.2 phone but it will ONLY function like an iPod Touch - no phone features will work. To get it UNLOCKED -> TurboSIM or StealthSIM only (for now)

Hope this clears things up....BTW, if you are looking at my Sig and wondering how I have a 1.1.2 UNLOCKED ipHone - simple, it used to be originally 1.1.1 FW Version
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    As has been said multiple times, the Dev Team cannot do any more work on 1.1.2 OTB unlocking until/unless there is a NEW firmware with a NEW Bootloader. Period. Until/unless that happens, basically all unlocking on 1.1.2 has ceased.
    Yeah Exactly and thankyou.

And why will Apple realease new firmware if DEVS cant unlock this one, even if apple did realease a new firmware they would probably be smart enough to leave the bootloader the way it is so meaning impossible to software unlock the iphone.

THATS WHY I AM TELLING YOU PEOPLE JUST GO WITH STEALTHSIMS BECASUE THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER SOFTWARE UNLOCK.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Out of interest... I'm not a dev or understanding the technical too well, so forgive me, but what exactly has stumped the dev team now, and not in 1.1.1 for example?

And why must a new firmware come out first before they're able to crack 1.1.2 ? OR are they hoping for a chance with 1.1.3 because something will be changed?

A hardware unlock is just not the same!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simond View Post
    Out of interest... I'm not a dev or understanding the technical too well, so forgive me, but what exactly has stumped the dev team now, and not in 1.1.1 for example?

And why must a new firmware come out first before they're able to crack 1.1.2 ? OR are they hoping for a chance with 1.1.3 because something will be changed?

A hardware unlock is just not the same!
    Apple updated the bootloader, it performs various checksums among other things, its really stumped the dev's because their way in before is gone. 1.1.3 hopefully could be cracked with a exploit geohot found, it would be tricky, but possible.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

techguy000 (2007-12-19)

Thanks

Default Apple must be gloating big time.
    I have the deepest respect for the idev team and the hacking community in general. Their constant hard work, despite the lack of any substantive financial remuneration, is something that deserves props from everyone.

But I can't help thinking that the relatively small number of engineers at Apple who devised 1.1.2 are reveling in the fact that they stumped a hacking community which outnumbers them by the thousands.

How did Apple manage to pull this off and prevent a software unlock from being developed?

The common refrain heard over and over was that despite any efforts by Apple to lock down the phone, the hacking community would inevitably break through, due to their disproportionate size and dedication to a single goal.

Now it seems conventional wisdom has been turned on its head, and Apple is going to have an ever merrier Christmas than anyone could have predicted.

I guess I feel more perplexed than anything. Oh well. I'm sure someone will find a software unlock to 1.1.2 before 2008 commences.

Or is even that predication a bit of a stretch?

Last edited by dorko76; 2007-12-18 at 03:28 AM.

Thanks

Things aren't looking good for a software unlock, and the dev teamis working without a manual making it a lot harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by dorko76 View Post
    I have the deepest respect for the idev team and the hacking community in general. Their constant hard work, despite the lack of any substantive financial remuneration, is something that deserves props from everyone.

But I can't help thinking that the relatively small number of engineers at Apple who devised 1.1.2 are reveling in the fact that they stumped a hacking community which outnumbers them by the thousands.

How did Apple manage to pull this off and prevent a software unlock from being developed?

The common refrain heard over and over was that despite any efforts by Apple to lock down the phone, the hacking community would inevitably break through, due to their disproportionate size and dedication to a single goal.

Now it seems conventional wisdom has been turned on its head, and Apple is going to have an ever merrier Christmas than anyone could have predicted.

I guess I feel more perplexed than anything. Oh well. I'm sure someone will find a software unlock to 1.1.2 before 2008 commences.

Or is even that predication a bit of a stretch?

In this page a window appears saying that they have info on unlocking the iphone 1.1.2 OTB,could it actually be true?

http://iphone-unlock.us/
    Last edited by ♻①☛; 2007-12-18 at 05:50 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What page do you speak of? Is there a link? Or are you talking about this thread?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast