Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OTB 1.1.2 Unlockable - Hardware Hacked by Tan A Long Vietnam!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah2k View Post
    Nah, why not just TurboSIM it. I just tried it in my OTB 1.1.2, BL 4.6, and it works beautifully.
    You got a TurboSIM? Was it 6 to 8 months delivery as usual?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nah, why not just TurboSIM it. I just tried it in my OTB 1.1.2, BL 4.6, and it works beautifully.

No need for AnySIM now...

For those of you not familliar with this success, please refer here:

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgzw9xs_0gfhxns

And head over to here for the method:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17560

I had mine up and running in 20min.
    thats great news.
    only problem is that what if you don't have an AT&T sim???

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    You got a TurboSIM? Was it 6 to 8 months delivery as usual?
    I got the turboSIM from Bladox, and had it DHL posted, and received in 2 days.

6 - 8 months???? are you living in central africa?

Quote Originally Posted by King Luis View Post
    thats great news.
    only problem is that what if you don't have an AT&T sim???
    If you dont have the AT&T sim, then you have a problem. Also, AT&T sims from a different phone won't work. The SIM seems to be IMEI linked in the 1.1.2 firmware sim check.

Wait for anySIM unlocking in this case.
    Last edited by cheetah2k; 2007-11-29 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you dont have the AT&T sim, then you have a problem. Also, AT&T sims from a different phone won't work. The SIM seems to be IMEI linked in the 1.1.2 firmware sim check.

Wait for anySIM unlocking in this case.
    Where do you live brother?

How much did you pay for TurboSim after shipping charges, etc?

Thanks

Actually, before unlocking became just a few steps, everyone and their grandmother were ordering TurboSIM's, so they became overrun in a short time. Delivery could take weeks to months, while they caught up with demand. I guess it's better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Haha, which basically means diddly squat. That's about as solid as me posting a message on my website saying I've made an IMEI unlock program, but um... I'm not going to tell you how I did it, or give it to you. You'll just have to wait for something else to come along.

Waste of time.
    They run it as a business of selling and unlocking iphone in vn for a fee.
    Not doing it for free so i am sure they are not gonna post how they do it on internet. But then again this is hardware hack not software, so not for most of peeps.
    About hardware hack, i read from other sites, it's not new, dev team also doing it too and they likely to release guide for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalali View Post
    They run it as a business of selling and unlocking iphone in vn for a fee.
    Not doing it for free so i am sure they are not gonna post how they do it on internet. But then again this is hardware hack not software, so not for most of peeps.
    Oh I see, however I don't seem to recall them offering to unlock 1.1.2 phones for any sort of fee. And as for hardware hacks being too difficult, if Geohot thought that way and decided not to release his developments I don't think we'd be where are are today. So, once again I'll simply say, show us the proof.

They unlock using the hardware method (stated on their site).
    They also say that if you really really want to use your iphone, they can hardware unlock it, otherwise wait for the software unlock solution which everyone is working hard on.

I do believe these guys can do the hardware unlock. The company's name is TAN A LONG. Coincidentally, ta_mobile is the guy in VN who took the dump of 4.6BL - His nick is ta_mobile and the company's initial is also T A ....

Is it true?? Because I am going to VN next couple days

Banned
    Thanks

I not sending my iPhone to Vietnam....and im not opening it up to do a hardware unlock...im not sending it to somebody for them to hook up to some database.It Impresses me, but it has no effect on me...this has not picked my spirit up in anyway(although thank you for sharing) and makes me more disapointed that a software unlock is not out yet when there are now two ways to unlock the OTB 1.1.2...and none of them are from the dev team. I am very appreciative of the dev team and appreciate everything they have done for me...but until the software unlock comes out....i will still not care about any other way to unlock it that does not contain a simple way for me to do it at my house...or me having to ship it somewhere. I understand that these new unlocks for the OTB 1.1.2 helps the dev team and others that are working on the unlock, but until I can install a program and unlock it myself, I do not care.
    I believe in the dev team and am not loosing my hope, but I just hate seeing others succeed on the OTB 1.1.2 unlock when I am sitting at my desk helpless. We are all like little children depending on their parents to take care of them and do stuff for them, because we can't do it ourselves. Most of us do not have the knowledge nor the time to unlock it ourselves.
    In conlcusion, all we can do is wait. All we can do is show our support, because when our friends are working hard on something and not succeeding, we have to tell them to keep trying and to not give up. Some might say that they are not friends with any of the dev team members. How wrong you are. A true friend would spend hours trying to help us and a true friend would do it at no cost. I do not know about yall, but the dev team members are some of my most trustworthy friends. I have never had a conversation with one of them, but they have never failed me, and I know that they will not fail me know.

This Vietnamese guy always BullSh*t. There aren't nothing to say about in his web. Please you guys try not to translate his web.

Quote Originally Posted by fat x nub View Post
    I not sending my iPhone to Vietnam....and im not opening it up to do a hardware unlock...im not sending it to somebody for them to hook up to some database.It Impresses me, but it has no effect on me...this has not picked my spirit up in anyway(although thank you for sharing) and makes me more disapointed that a software unlock is not out yet when there are now two ways to unlock the OTB 1.1.2...and none of them are from the dev team. I am very appreciative of the dev team and appreciate everything they have done for me...but until the software unlock comes out....i will still not care about any other way to unlock it that does not contain a simple way for me to do it at my house...or me having to ship it somewhere. I understand that these new unlocks for the OTB 1.1.2 helps the dev team and others that are working on the unlock, but until I can install a program and unlock it myself, I do not care.
    I believe in the dev team and am not loosing my hope, but I just hate seeing others succeed on the OTB 1.1.2 unlock when I am sitting at my desk helpless. We are all like little children depending on their parents to take care of them and do stuff for them, because we can't do it ourselves. Most of us do not have the knowledge nor the time to unlock it ourselves.
    In conlcusion, all we can do is wait. All we can do is show our support, because when our friends are working hard on something and not succeeding, we have to tell them to keep trying and to not give up. Some might say that they are not friends with any of the dev team members. How wrong you are. A true friend would spend hours trying to help us and a true friend would do it at no cost. I do not know about yall, but the dev team members are some of my most trustworthy friends. I have never had a conversation with one of them, but they have never failed me, and I know that they will not fail me know.

I agree with you on this....It is question of time right now.

Is This Software Or Hardware?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12