Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 OTB - Fimware 04.02.13

Default 1.1.2 OTB - Fimware 04.02.13
    Hey Guys, just bought an Iphone this weekend, I have sucessfully jailbroke it and downgraded to 1.1.1. I live in Canada. Is it possible to have this phone unlocked to work with a Rogers Sim Card?

NOOOOOO
    This Question has been asked and answered about 500 times.
    Just read a little

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy.moron View Post
    Hey Guys, just bought an Iphone this weekend, I have sucessfully jailbroke it and downgraded to 1.1.1. I live in Canada. Is it possible to have this phone unlocked to work with a Rogers Sim Card?
    Nope, reason being the OTB 1.1.2 have a new bootloader that hasn't (as of yet) been cracked, so the these phones can't be unlocked. If you had bought an earlier version, its fully feasible to unlock. I'm on Rogers network now.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

i got mine with 1.1.1 update to 1.1.2 did all the steps to jailbreak it, now i have 1.1.2 jailbroken works with at&t but when i put a t-mobile sim it says diffrent sim connect ti itune how do i unlock it so i can use t-mobile?

downgrade and use anysim 1.2.1u to unlock it then update and jailbreak again

OTB 1.1.2 with Bootloader 4.6 is now unlockable through hardware hacking. Tan A Long Vietnam.
    http://www.iphonevietnam.net/index.p...d=18&Itemid=19

Quote Originally Posted by ojx View Post
    downgrade and use anysim 1.2.1u to unlock it then update and jailbreak again
    Wrong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyallevi9 View Post
    i got mine with 1.1.1 update to 1.1.2 did all the steps to jailbreak it, now i have 1.1.2 jailbroken works with at&t but when i put a t-mobile sim it says diffrent sim connect ti itune how do i unlock it so i can use t-mobile?
    There's no need to downgrade, you simply have to deactivate and then reactivate the phone with the new SIM in place.

Quote Originally Posted by kidzzrock View Post
    OTB 1.1.2 with Bootloader 4.6 is now unlockable through hardware hacking. Tan A Long Vietnam.
    http://www.iphonevietnam.net/index.p...d=18&Itemid=19
    And yet he doesn't give the steps to do it, or even describe how it was done. Go figure.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-11-27 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

again, what i did is from an updated 1.1.2 i down graded to 1.1.1, jailbreakme.com, installed bsd subsystem-open ssh- and anysim 1.2.1u, then installed oktoprep upgraded to 1.1.2 jailbreak and now i can use my at&t but not t-mobile it says connect to itune.
    if i need to deacivate it then i dont know how to do it.
    thank you all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyallevi9 View Post
    again, what i did is from an updated 1.1.2 i down graded to 1.1.1, jailbreakme.com, installed bsd subsystem-open ssh- and anysim 1.2.1u, then installed oktoprep upgraded to 1.1.2 jailbreak and now i can use my at&t but not t-mobile it says connect to itune.
    if i need to deacivate it then i dont know how to do it.
    thank you all
    Your problem isn't an unlocking problem, it's an activation problem. The easiest thing to do would be to download the patched lockdownd binary and put it in /usr/libexec. This will stop the activation requests.

The problem you're going to have until then, is that every time you switch out your SIM, the iPhone will think it has to be activated again. (the patched lockdownd prevents this). You can deactivate/reactivate the phone with iDemocracy for Mac or (I think) iBrickr for the PC.

where can i dowload that lockdown file
    thanks

Thanks

Big nice sticky at the top answering your question
    StealthSIM and TurboSIM can unlock them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

In keeping with the vietnamese gentlemen.
    I have devised a way to unlock a 1.1.2 otb with new firmware.
    Takes 2 minutes.
    Not going to tell anyone - just take my word for it.
    I win, and am the best :-) nya!
    btw: it involves upgrading to vista, downgrading to xp, windows 98 then down to windows 3.1, unplugging the 5 1/4 hard drive, wait 2 mins, re-plug back in, then re-upgrade to windows 98, then xp...
    Note: Vista does NOT have an unlock Yet - we're working on it :-)

(ps. hope you all enjoy the humor - lol)
    Unable to restore signature. Error (1015)

Quote Originally Posted by renzo75 View Post
    In keeping with the vietnamese gentlemen.
    I have devised a way to unlock a 1.1.2 otb with new firmware.
    Takes 2 minutes.
    Not going to tell anyone - just take my word for it.
    I win, and am the best :-) nya!
    btw: it involves upgrading to vista, downgrading to xp, windows 98 then down to windows 3.1, unplugging the 5 1/4 hard drive, wait 2 mins, re-plug back in, then re-upgrade to windows 98, then xp...
    Note: Vista does NOT have an unlock Yet - we're working on it :-)

(ps. hope you all enjoy the humor - lol)
    Nice one!!!

has any one able to downgrade the FW to 3.xxx and unlcok it, or this is not possible either?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ekhair8 For This Useful Post:

adolfop (2007-12-11)

haha
    done thru until the downgrade of windows 98 (fw 1.0.2)... can't figure what is unpluggin the 5 1/4 drive. took out at&t sim and placed non at&t and reactivate but no go on that... still bootloader 4.6 and baseband 4.02..... any pointers?
    I Don't use Windoze... I am MAC!!!

not now.

I think he means will it be possible to unlock it when there will be an unlock.
    Last edited by yowiphone; 2007-12-11 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..