Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need your help please please please

Default need your help please please please
    Hi ihave an iphone that si stuck in the loop saying:

bsd root: md0, major2, minor 0

nowmany people are tellingto putphone in recovery mode, meaning hold power and home button. unplug the usb and after let go the power and plugusb and when u seephonewith itunes logo and usb cable than plug to pc anditunes will detect phone in recovery mode.

the problem that i am having is that when phone show the itunes logo and usb cable the pc doest detect thephone nomatter what cuz i dont even hear thesound when u plug ahardware into windows and itunes never detects theihone even izphone 3 0 either what can i do?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by davidleski View Post
    Hi ihave an iphone that si stuck in the loop saying:

bsd root: md0, major2, minor 0

nowmany people are tellingto putphone in recovery mode, meaning hold power and home button. unplug the usb and after let go the power and plugusb and when u seephonewith itunes logo and usb cable than plug to pc anditunes will detect phone in recovery mode.

the problem that i am having is that when phone show the itunes logo and usb cable the pc doest detect thephone nomatter what cuz i dont even hear thesound when u plug ahardware into windows and itunes never detects theihone even izphone 3 0 either what can i do?????????????
    Put your iphone into DFU mode (the screen will be black). Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen is black, still holding the home button, plug into itunes and in about 20 seconds or so, it should be recognized, let go of the home button, Then restore to 1.1.4

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

DFU mode restore.

stillpcdoest reconize that there is an iphone itunes is nottelling menothing and there issoundcoming from windowssaying some device plugged into windows.

thks for yur help

The 1st post is from a few months ago, but I will post what I did in case it helps someone else in the future.

I had mine going in that endless loop with the same error (bsd root: md0, major2, minor 0
    ).

I put it in DFU mode (search you tube for easy instruction to put into DFU mode).
    tried to use iTunes to update firmware (holding shift down when you click restore will allow you to use a firmware from your PC).
    I got an error (1603, i think) after trying to reinstall firmware, so I just put it in recovery mode, ran ziphone 3.0 and my phone booted up fine, with all my contacts intact !

hopefully that helps.
    and now i learned my lesson, don't run ziphone while the iphone is in DFU mode!! (i read somewhere to do that in order to get installer.app on your phone after unlocking.

here i am without installer, but the phone works.
    hope this helps!