Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can i Unlock/Activate an OutOfTheBox 1.1.2 (US) ?

Quote Originally Posted by joseruinyc View Post
    use this guide to unlock and use it on any other carrier on 1.1.2
    http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...nlock_mac.html its the easiest guide ever

i now have tmobile with 1.1.2 just use the link above, guide is super easy to follow. pm me if you need help (please not that i take no credit for this guis im just giving you the link to this amazing site)
    Out of the Box 1.1.2 phones - US or UK - have a different bootloader than the 1.1.1 phones do

The bootloader is not modified or changed in any way by any virginizing or jailbreaking, downgrading, upgrading, restoring or reflashing. It's a separate memory register that has not, as yet, been accessed or modified.

Please stop telling people to go to this that or the other guide for info on unlocking this that or the other version of the firmware. The unlocked 1.1.2 phones are only those that were UPDATED via iTunes. They are NOT out of the box 1.1.2's.

There may be an off chance that someone got an Out of the Box 1.1.2 with an old bootloader, but the chances are slim since the 1.1.2's were prepared for the intl release and the bootloader was modified aong with the firmware

The short answer: Right now is you can not UNLOCK a factory 1.1.2 You can jailbreak it for 3rd party apps but that's all. if time is of the essence and you need to decide whether to keep the phone or return it, you need to realize that the bootloader is an entirely ne issue and not one that's been looked at till the past week or so. it may take more than your 14 days remorse period to unlock it.

The other option for the out of the box 1.1.2's MIGHT (And I say MIGHT since I don't know for a fact it will work) be a TurboSIM, as all that requires is a jailbroken phone. The TurboSIM tricks the phone into thinking an AT&T or O2 SIM is installed, The programming goes on a piggyback SIM card that you insert into the phone along with your other carrier SIM.
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murfunit For This Useful Post:

annaj (2007-11-19), coastudioworks (2007-11-27)

my bad you are 100% correct that guide only works if you.ve had 1.1.1 or 1.0.2. and want to upgrade to 1.1.2 with tmobile or any other carrier

if i bought mine over the internet and got it last monday can i still return it?

i got it from the official apple online store
    Last edited by bebex; 2007-11-19 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by bebex View Post
    if i bought mine over the internet and got it last monday can i still return it?

i got it from the official apple online store
    I would wait. I just got one from an applestore last weekend.

I just successfully jailbroken an OTB v1.1.2 by downgrading, then upgrading it back. Scary the first time but it came through. Now anxiously waiting for the proven unlocking method to come out!!
    Last edited by 216; 2007-11-20 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

anyone have any ideas as to when the unlock will come out? ie - estimated time frame ?

Quote Originally Posted by tmoneyub View Post
    anyone have any ideas as to when the unlock will come out? ie - estimated time frame ?
    It's anyone's guess. But I wouldn't set my watch by any estimates youread.

The boot loader is a totally new area for the devs. And one not easily accessible.

That's not saying it's impossible. Just not gonna happen as easily as the baseband modem firmware
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

I've just got OTB 1.1.2 from apple. I've done some unlocking on previous Iphones. But after i heard that OTB 1.1.2 is not capable of being unlocked as yet right? But a jailbreak is possible? I would like to find out how you jailbreak a OTB 1.1.2 iphone, so that i can use the putty to check my bootloader version. Thanks a lot for your help.

you can jailbreak 1.1.2 OTB by downgrading to 1.1.1, jailbreaking, oktoprep, update.

YOU CANOT unloack a 1.1.2 OTB YET!

Thanks for replying guys. So if i downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak and activate to check the bootloader using putty will not render myphone to become bricked right? thank you very much. I am very concern whether my iphone 1.1.2 oob is on new or old bootloader. thanks

dennis99, your phone most definitely has the new bootloader. Wait a bit, you will soon be able to unlock it or else turbosim to the rescue!

216 or anyone who has successfully jailbreak'n a 1.1.2 OTB

I have a 1.1.2 OTB as well and I downgraded, ibrickr booted it and got all the way to the jailbreakme.com website. I click install appsnap and it safari closes as its supposed to and goes back to the activation screen. I have read to slide the bar over and wait and also wait and then slide the bar over and it should reboot. My problem is it is not rebooting and it stays in the emergency dial mode. It doesnít freeze there or anything it just doesnít reboot. Now I left it for a good 20 mins and I read its installing appsnap in the background and the connection I have isnít that poor so I donít know what is the issue. Did you guys encounter this problem?

Get a Turbosim
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12