Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need a real pro to help me out

Exclamation Need a real pro to help me out
    Hey guys,

First of all I would like to thank everyone in advance because without this site I might never have bought an iphone. On that note, it serves to state that I have gotten myself into quite a bind with my current iphone situation. Let me explain:

Originally, I acquired an unactivated iphone (1.1.1) from my friend and unlocked it using the jailbreakme.com method. It worked fine with my AT&T sim card even though I do not have an iphone plan. Unfortunately, I got carried away with modding my phone and crippled it by adding to much beta software (keyboards, themes, etc.) and realized that my only hope was a restore.

I restored the phone using itunes 7.5 to firmware 1.1.1 and tried the jailbreak process again, however, it did not work this time. Panicing, I tried several things including upgrading to 1.1.2 and even downgrading to 1.0.2 all to no avail. Now, when I try to restore the iphone to a 1.1.1 firmware, I can't get it out of recovery mode. Using the AppTappInstaller worked once but even then I still couldn't get the jailbreakme.com tiff to work right.

Currently, I am fresh off of a restore with the following specifics:
    -firmware: v1.0.2 (using iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw)
    -IMEI: 01 124500...
    -Model: MA712
    -Modem Firmware: 04.02.13_G (<--I assume this is bad)

Right now I'm staring at an activation screen with no idea what to do next, If anyone out there can help me out, it would be much obliged.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Follow this

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16311

lighter

Quote Originally Posted by AIRBOURNE View Post
    Hey guys,

First of all I would like to thank everyone in advance because without this site I might never have bought an iphone. On that note, it serves to state that I have gotten myself into quite a bind with my current iphone situation. Let me explain:

Originally, I acquired an unactivated iphone (1.1.1) from my friend and unlocked it using the jailbreakme.com method. It worked fine with my AT&T sim card even though I do not have an iphone plan. Unfortunately, I got carried away with modding my phone and crippled it by adding to much beta software (keyboards, themes, etc.) and realized that my only hope was a restore.

I restored the phone using itunes 7.5 to firmware 1.1.1 and tried the jailbreak process again, however, it did not work this time. Panicing, I tried several things including upgrading to 1.1.2 and even downgrading to 1.0.2 all to no avail. Now, when I try to restore the iphone to a 1.1.1 firmware, I can't get it out of recovery mode. Using the AppTappInstaller worked once but even then I still couldn't get the jailbreakme.com tiff to work right.

Currently, I am fresh off of a restore with the following specifics:
    -firmware: v1.0.2 (using iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw)
    -IMEI: 01 124500...
    -Model: MA712
    -Modem Firmware: 04.02.13_G (<--I assume this is bad)

Right now I'm staring at an activation screen with no idea what to do next, If anyone out there can help me out, it would be much obliged.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lighter For This Useful Post:

AIRBOURNE (2007-11-17)

update: ok so i jailbroke and activated the iphone to the 1.1.1 firmware. However, there is no service, and anysim gives me the error "couldent load the secpack data" when I try to run it. Any help?

Firmware: 1.1.1
    Baseband: ??? (Doesn't even show up in Settings->General->About)

bump: I tried resetting the baseband and that didn't help either, but now the modem firmware shows up (04.02.13_G)... help???
    Last edited by AIRBOURNE; 2007-11-18 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Automerged

Thanks

you need to downgrade baseband..and thats it..! you will be good.if you want downgrade to 1.0.2 and add big bosses source to installer and use his 1.1.2 to 1.0.2 downgrade basband..for simplicity,,then after that you wil have a good baseband to upgrade to 1.1.1 with!!!
    Last edited by jedinight; 2007-11-18 at 12:35 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jedinight For This Useful Post:

AIRBOURNE (2007-11-18)