Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone won't take SIM cards

Exclamation iPhone won't take SIM cards (FIXED!)
    EDIT: I fixed my phone!!! YAY! Thanx for the help anyway!!

I wanted to upgrade my 1.0.2 iPhone to 1.1.1 so I did, but after that the phone says "Incorrect SIM. Insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate the phone" even with the AT&T one (the one that comes with it). I even tried several others from friends and I get the same.

I also ran anySIM to unlock it, it says it did but it doesn't work, any ideas??? I can't use my phone anymore, please help!
    Last edited by icicle_tulip; 2007-11-17 at 12:17 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ok before upgrading did you virginize the baseband? if not .. downgrade and follow the baseband virginizing tutorial ...

lighter...

btw .. if you need more help... give information like does the imei match ... how was the phone unlocked in the first place? what steps have you taken to try fixing this yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by icicle_tulip View Post
    I wanted to upgrade my 1.0.2 iPhone to 1.1.1 so I did, but after that the phone says "Incorrect SIM. Insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate the phone" even with the AT&T one (the one that comes with it). I even tried several others from friends and I get the same.

I also ran anySIM to unlock it, it says it did but it doesn't work, any ideas??? I can't use my phone anymore, please help!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lighter For This Useful Post:

icicle_tulip (2007-11-17)

I can't even downgrade anymore, apptap won't work, I've tried at least 20 times