Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tmobile sim works without unlocking it

Default tmobile sim works without unlocking it
    yesterday i downloaded KATE but it ****** up my iphone so i have to restore it so i did then i wanted to unlock it and jailbreak it but when my phone finish restoring it it said to put a unlock sim something like that so i did i put the tmobile sim and it worked but the only problem is that you cant use anything the only thing that you can do is to receive calls but now play with the phone it just says the emergency dial thing. does anybody know why it did that?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

beacuse u need to unlock it. thats the typical state ifones come in unless theyre actvaited and unlocked
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Quote Originally Posted by kikin2006 View Post
    yesterday i downloaded KATE but it ****** up my iphone so i have to restore it so i did then i wanted to unlock it and jailbreak it but when my phone finish restoring it it said to put a unlock sim something like that so i did i put the tmobile sim and it worked but the only problem is that you cant use anything the only thing that you can do is to receive calls but now play with the phone it just says the emergency dial thing. does anybody know why it did that?

Similar problem here, I've tried iLiberty, and am working on getting PwnageTool working ~ whenever the phone is reset, a "Different SIM detected, please connect to itunes" error and emergency dial only function. Its pretty easy to get around by simply removing the sim card for a second, hitting dismiss and than reinserting it.

However, not necessarily the best way to get around the problem if you want to reset of the phone on the go and can't pop out the sim the tray easily! Any advice, I feel like PwnageTool should fix this problem after I build the custom IPSW file and install it, however, I've had trouble figuring it out! I get errors when I build, and therefore can't load the .ISPW file it builds for installation~

UPDATE

Found the bootloader images (just had to read the tutorial for PWNAGE, which is linked at the top of this page), created the custom .ISPW file and was able to use itunes to install it, phone now reboots fine with a foreign sim card installed and does not lock up and give me an error about different sim or connect to itunes.

Very happy with the PWNAGE software and would recommend it, although I think they should package it with the bootloader images (which were kind of confusing to find), and work on the "Help" function to explain better that your actually supposed to use itunes to install the mod. .ispw file! I totally missed that until I read that separate tutorial.
    Last edited by cuiphone; 2008-05-26 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost