Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak + Activation 1.1.2 for IPSF only

Quote Originally Posted by piksel View Post
    Thank you so much!! Works great here for Vodafone NZ! Just got my first Voice Mail Notification text

One thing I had to change was the command to create the symlink for the plist file. If I ran what was specified in the guide e.g.:
    "ln -s 53001 Vodafone_NZ.plist"
    this simply returned the following error message: "ln: Vodafone_NZ.plist: File exists"
    What I did instead was to run:
    "ln -s Vodafone_NZ.plist 53001"

This created the symlink correctly (I could see in Cyberduck (Mac FTP client) there was a new entry "53001" with an arrow icon like the other symlinks in that directory). Only thing I did different was to go in via ssh through the Terminal on my Mac instead of using putty on the PC.

Also, I didn't use a hex editor to modify my AppSupport file. I actually used "pntedit" instead. A lot easier than using a hex editor and also gives you full control over phone number formats etc that can be parsed or recognised by AppSupport. The simple solution here doesn't provide this. See here for more info - highly recommend!: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...279#post120279
    (NB: Make sure you read the posts from that page on as there is a newer version further on). Basically it reads the number table from the AppSupport file into a text file which you then edit and have pntedit write back to AppSupport for you. Very cool The author has also written a basic iPhone app that lets you run tests against AppSupport for various numbers in your contact list. I'm about to download that and give it a try.

Anyway - it's working great, recognising numbers, no MobilePhone.app or MobileSMS.app crashes.

If anyone wants the .plist or patched AppSupport file for Vodafone NZ (New Zealand) then PM me. More than happy to supply.

EDIT: Read this to find out why using pntedit is better than using a hex editor: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...999#post122999

I've also got this working perfectly on Vodafone NZ, although I have used a slightly (and simpler) method. I just followed the instructions posted on the IPSF website (www.iphonesimfree.com):

1. In Installer go to Tweaks 1.1.1 and install Oktoprep.
    2. Open iTunes and hit Update in order to install 1.1.2 (note that if you press Restore it wont work)
    3. After that is done, download Jailbreak-1.1.2 and proceed with the Jailbreak procedure. (for Windows & Mac)
    4. You will want to install iWorld from Installer after you update (found in Tweaks 1.1.2) in order to fix a known 1.1.2 crash caused with Unsupported Carriers.

I followed all four steps and it worked like a charm.

Guys;
    My new Iphone can not be unlocked.
    I bought it last monday and it's come with 1.1.2 I follow all procedure but when ran AnySim I got Message "AniSym can not unlock iphone"
    Any Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by xande123 View Post
    I can confirm! My T-Mobile USA is working fine
    xande, can you help me setup mine? im also using tmobile usa, got an otb 1.1.2, downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak, activated then back to 1.1.2 jailbreak and activated, now when i upload the patched lockdownd file and insert my sim and reboot, still says unsupported sim card, what am i missing? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qdabean View Post
    I've also got this working perfectly on Vodafone NZ, although I have used a slightly (and simpler) method. I just followed the instructions posted on the IPSF website (www.iphonesimfree.com):

1. In Installer go to Tweaks 1.1.1 and install Oktoprep.
    2. Open iTunes and hit Update in order to install 1.1.2 (note that if you press Restore it wont work)
    3. After that is done, download Jailbreak-1.1.2 and proceed with the Jailbreak procedure. (for Windows & Mac)
    4. You will want to install iWorld from Installer after you update (found in Tweaks 1.1.2) in order to fix a known 1.1.2 crash caused with Unsupported Carriers.

I followed all four steps and it worked like a charm.
    Hey qdabean,

Using iWorld will work but it does not write the required number formats to you AppSupport file. You should have the following entries (for VDNZ):
    nz 64 00 0 1 7
    nz 64 00 0 2 6
    nz 64 00 0 2 7
    nz 64 00 0 3 6
    nz 64 00 0 3 7

Using iWorld simply does the "basic" hex edit for you. You will probably find that you have non-working International/Local Caller ID.

[EDIT]

I just checked what iWorld writes to your AppSupport file:
    nz 64 00 0 1 8
    nz 64 40 0 1 8
    nz 64 50 0 1 8
    nz 64 70 0 1 8
    nz 64 90 0 1 8

It definitely uses a generic approach, I would have been very surprised if it have the formats for every country in there!

For starters, the problem with the above is only the first line is used - we don't have IDD's in New Zealand (the 3rd value).

So with "nz 64 00 0 1 8" it will only match numbers in this format:
    +64XXXXXXXXX or 0XXXXXXXXX. So you are probably not getting caller ID when receiving calls from landlines or 6 digit cellphone callers.
    Last edited by piksel; 2007-11-24 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi Folks ...
    Worked great for me ..

This is my plist for T-Mobile Prepaid Carrier Settings, here in the US .

Supports ...

<string>310310</string>
    <string>310260</string>

Remove the .txt extension and copy to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support

mv 310310 310310_old
    mv 310260 310260_old

ln -s 310310 tmobusa.plist
    ln -s 310260 tmobusa.plist

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. The Following User Says Thank You to caroline For This Useful Post:

tonight77 (2007-11-25)

Quote Originally Posted by callx View Post
    I've been working on a revised version of the guide and here it is! I'd like to mention that I'm just trying to make things easier and concise for you guys so remember credits go to the iphone hackers around ok? The only difference if you're not IPSF unlocked is that you'll need an unlock after activating 1.1.2(e.g anySim)

p.s I can't find how to rename the thread, could someone tell me how?

New features:
    • Patched lockdown 1.1.2
    • Fixes crashing of phone/sms
    • Carrier settings

What you'll need:

Extra tools for the optional steps:

Downgrade to 1.1.1
    (lots of guides around, follow them)
    - I noticed that AppSnap won't work if iTunes doesn't see the iphone 1st. Like an initial "sync" is needed. Then you can just close it.
    - After jailbreak, install package Oktoprep from Installer>Tweaks(1.1.1)
    Upgrade to 1.1.2
    - Click on upgrade in iTunes and go get some coffee
    Jailbreak 1.1.2
    - So, right now you should have a nice 1.1.2 activate screen talking in tongues. As a rule of thumb, just open iTunes and let it detect the iPhone then close it.
    - Now run windows.bat from the 1.1.2 jailbreak and check option Install ssh, change password if needed and click Jailbreak
    - Might take like 5-10 mins, more coffee maybe?
    Activate 1.1.2
    - By now you should have rebooted your phone and you're back at the 1.1.2 active screen
    - Run winscp, put necessary info (ip address, usr/pwd, let it on SFTP in the protocol) and click connect
    - Now go to /usr/libexec/ and make a backup of lockdownd on your pc(we NEVER know)
    - Unzip the patched lockdownd and put in /usr/libexec/
    - Click on "more", set permissions 0755 (so check all Xs, you'll figure it out)
    - Click ok, and overwrite the existing lockdownd
    - Reboot your phone
    Carrier settings *optional* (For those who wanna sexy up that iphone )
    - Winscp to your phone and put ls and bash in /bin
    - Click on "more", set both permissions to 0755
    - Check here for your carrier's MCC and MNC (it's not as hard as it sounds)
    e.g MCC = 334 MNC = 02, the number we'll need is 33402
    - Open the Telcel.plist in UltraEdit or wordpad and modify accordingly (Don't forget to rename your .plist file & change the supported sim section)
    - Use winscp to put the modified .plist to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
    - Open putty and connect to your phone
    - Type bash at the prompt
    - Type cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
    - Type ln -s YOURCARRIER.plist NUMBER
    e.g ln -s Telcel.plist 302370
    - Remove your sim and put some other sim in it to reset the carrier settings(maybe that unactivated att simcard lying around? )
    - Remove the sim card and put back in yours after the phone detected it
    - You should be set, no reboot needed

Fix for crashing phone/sms *optional* (you won't need that step if it's not crashing (duh... ) )
    - Check here for your ISO code and ITU phone code
    e.g Mexico: ISO code = mx, ITU = 52
    - Open AppSupport in UltraEdit
    - Press Ctrl+G and enter 0xA0AC
    - On the right end of the string replace mx with your ISO code
    - On the next line, replace 52 with your ITU phone code
    - Save the changes
    - Winscp into your phone and browse to /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/
    - Overwrite the existing AppSupport (make sure that permissions = 0755, read previous steps if you don't understand)
    - Reboot your phone and you're set!

If you're making carrier.plist for your carrier, post it here when you're done and I'll add it to the guide. (Sharing is caring.. ) Special thanks to kuhnesito for helping me test the stuff and especially to my girlfriend for giving me time to write this guide! Enjoy the new updated guide!

UPDATE:
    Fido.plist
    Tstt.plist
    Hi, I am a iPhone novice. Just bought an unlock phone in Dubai. Itunes is asking me to upgrade to version 1.1.2. Shall I do it safely without creating any problem for my phone. Many thanks in advance for your help

Hi, I am a iPhone novice. Just bought an unlock phone in Dubai. Itunes is asking me to upgrade to version 1.1.2. Shall I do it safely without creating any problem for my phone. Many thanks in advance for your help
    Last edited by mauriziob; 2007-11-25 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have the same problem with u, [downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak, activated then back to 1.1.2 jailbreak and activated, upload the lockdown file], got the "unsupported sim card" message

dear callx, do we need run the IPSF? If yes, which step do we need run it?

Quote Originally Posted by natstuff View Post
    xande, can you help me setup mine? im also using tmobile usa, got an otb 1.1.2, downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak, activated then back to 1.1.2 jailbreak and activated, now when i upload the patched lockdownd file and insert my sim and reboot, still says unsupported sim card, what am i missing? thanks
    hi buddy,

Did u run the IPSF program in the whole unlocking process?

Quote Originally Posted by caroline View Post
    Hi Folks ...
    Worked great for me ..

This is my plist for T-Mobile Prepaid Carrier Settings, here in the US .

Supports ...

<string>310310</string>
    <string>310260</string>

Remove the .txt extension and copy to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support

mv 310310 310310_old
    mv 310260 310260_old

ln -s 310310 tmobusa.plist
    ln -s 310260 tmobusa.plist

Thanks
    Last edited by tonight77; 2007-11-25 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hi I just got an Iphone and I want to hack it to put apps on it I was told that you can use apptapp but does it matter if I have a Mac or windows laptop

Thanks!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

iPhone? More like MyPhone chris52204's Avatar
    Thanks

ok this is only for jailbreaking and activiating. not unlocking.....
    Last edited by chris52204; 2007-12-01 at 11:29 PM.

I was running an unlocked 1.1.1 and followed the "1.1.2 upgrade unlock guide" posted on this site on Dec. 1st. I followed the instructions and upgraded to 1.1.2 successfully, however I just realized that this guide does not have a SIM unlock! I now have an updated phone but it doesn't recognize my SIM!!! Is help on the way?

Default Quick Question:
    I originally have an out-of-the-box 1.1.2 iPhone (still waiting...and have yet to UNLOCK it). I recently downgraded to 1.1.1 just because I thought this would help me unlock the phone then upgrading it to 1.1.2, etc...y'know the process.
    So, I kept my phone to 1.1.1 (after downgrading) 'cause I didn't want to waste more time as I knew there was no way to unlock the newest version yet...my question is: once a software becomes available to unlock the 1.1.2 version and if I upgrade my iPhone back to 1.1.2 (which is it's original version), it wouldn't affect the unlocking process, would it?!

Hi, I have iPhone 1.1.2 OTB, and I try few methods, but I can't unlock the sim. I try with this tutorial, and I'm ok till the step where I have to modify the Telcel.plist. I open an try to modify, but I don't know what I have to change and with what I have to replace.

I'm using T-Mobile USA

Can anyone give me some detailed information?

Thanks in Advance

Thanks
    Hi there, I'm new for this codes thingy and I have an 1.1.2 OTB iPhone, and I'm from mexico, I already did the downgrade to 1.1.1 to activate and do the jailbreak, updated again to 1.1.2 and do the jailbreak but I can't get my SIM card unlocked, is a Telcel by the way, any help I could get, would this tutorial would work for me too?, thankz in advance and hope anyone have a solution for me cause also my iPhone is crashing or something, sometimes it goes all crazy, lol.

Thankz

P.D. I have a MacBook running the leopard, so I try to use the programs you say but are for windows tho, so thats a problem too.
    Last edited by Lil Street; 2007-12-17 at 08:58 PM.

I am glad to say her is the firts 1.1.2 otb unlock
    os x

well first donwgrade to 1.0.2 the upgrade
    then go to independence weith so it fixe
    the activate with independence
    install ssh

fire up terminal
    rm -f ~/.ssh/known_hosts
    then
    ssh -l root iphone's ip
    yes
    dottie

download this
    http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1085

the donwload cyberduck

open cyberduck
    tipe in username root in pass dottie
    an put in shh and your ip adress

then open /usr/bin
    Copy over the files bbupdater, ICE03.14.08_G.eep, ICE03.14.08_G.fls, ieraser, and secpack from the archive that you download first

then open terminal
    tipe
    ssh -l root youriphone'sip
    dottie
    cd /
    launchctl remove com.apple.CommCentercd
    cd /usr/bin
    bbupdater -v
    chmod +x ieraser
    ieraser
    bbupdater -v
    bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    bbupdater -v
    chmod +x ieraser
    ieraser

this wont downgrade the baseband this will damage the baseband

put your iphone in dfu mode
    restored to 1.1.1
    then
    then dont touch anyting
    downgrade to 1.0.2
    there is dongrade

Default No signal after following duide
    I have a uk Iphone, I followed the guide exactly but cannot get a signal. I thought the lockdown file was suppossed to give me signal, but it hasnt. Is there something I doing wrong? Plrase advise.

thanks

i am new to iphone ... i am finding lot of information on this forum but scattered and i am lost on that ... request an expert to put together procedure for breaking out of the box 1.1.2 iphone ... that will be of great help for people like me..

Default Att and new OTB iphone
    Ok.. I have read the posts and have a few questions.
    I am now an at&t customer. I have a new iphone week 50 on it I believe so I know it has the new bootloader 4.06. I know there is no software unlock yet...I did read this quit a bit...My questions..Can I unlock this iphone to put programs on the iphone...Can I not activate this through itunes or att and get away with not paying a data plan...Will the internet work if I don't have a data plan...I did read I need to disable EDGE or I will get a bill that I don't want to pay. Also will my att simm card work just popping it in if I software unlock to add programs or am I stuck with an itouch until the new software unlock becomes available...and yes I know about the turbosimm. Don't want to go there. Thanks.
    catburgler

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    guys??? it's possible that nobody's have tried this guide? it works?

Quote Originally Posted by nesbtesh View Post
    I am glad to say her is the firts 1.1.2 otb unlock
    os x

well first donwgrade to 1.0.2 the upgrade
    then go to independence weith so it fixe
    the activate with independence
    install ssh

fire up terminal
    rm -f ~/.ssh/known_hosts
    then
    ssh -l root iphone's ip
    yes
    dottie

download this
    http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1085

the donwload cyberduck

open cyberduck
    tipe in username root in pass dottie
    an put in shh and your ip adress

then open /usr/bin
    Copy over the files bbupdater, ICE03.14.08_G.eep, ICE03.14.08_G.fls, ieraser, and secpack from the archive that you download first

then open terminal
    tipe
    ssh -l root youriphone'sip
    dottie
    cd /
    launchctl remove com.apple.CommCentercd
    cd /usr/bin
    bbupdater -v
    chmod +x ieraser
    ieraser
    bbupdater -v
    bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    bbupdater -v
    chmod +x ieraser
    ieraser

this wont downgrade the baseband this will damage the baseband

put your iphone in dfu mode
    restored to 1.1.1
    then
    then dont touch anyting
    downgrade to 1.0.2
    there is dongrade
    Sorry but this is just BS... completley BS and will damage your phone. Bootloader will still be 4.6 and without access to BL you wont be able to place a single call.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Street View Post
    Hi there, I'm new for this codes thingy and I have an 1.1.2 OTB iPhone, and I'm from mexico, I already did the downgrade to 1.1.1 to activate and do the jailbreak, updated again to 1.1.2 and do the jailbreak but I can't get my SIM card unlocked, is a Telcel by the way, any help I could get, would this tutorial would work for me too?, thankz in advance and hope anyone have a solution for me cause also my iPhone is crashing or something, sometimes it goes all crazy, lol.

Thankz

P.D. I have a MacBook running the leopard, so I try to use the programs you say but are for windows tho, so thats a problem too.
    I am sorry to tell you but that wont be possible by now... this guide is not for OTB 1.1.2... its for week 44 or earlier phones with 3.9 bootloader. For now 4.6 bootloader (1.1.2 OTB) cant be unlocked.

I would recommmend you to be patient and use it as an iTouch so yo DONT damage your iPhone.

(La neta no hay modo hasta ahora excpeto con Turbosim o Steathsim, que no es un desbloqueo y es una monserga ademas de caro. Saludos.)
    Last edited by luigidelgado; 2007-12-24 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast