Results 1 to 18 of 18

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: IPSF - Error in Server Communications

  1. #1
    Default IPSF - Error in Server Communications
    I purchased IPSF. I'm trying to unlock, but I keep getting the same error: "Unlock failed. Error in server communications."

    I already restarted the application and the iPhone, as indicated on the IPSF web site and guide. I've tried over 20 times and I have followed the instructions carefully. I've also (properly) restored via iTunes to iPhone v1.1.1 (3A109a) with Firmware 04.01.1_G. My IMEI is fine and coincides with the one activated and I also have strong WiFi with internet.

    Any ideas?

    Thank you!
    Don't ask God for the way to Heaven, He'll show you the hardest way!

  2. #2
    I'll bump this one...
    I got the same error...went from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1
    Current Modem Firmware 04.01.13_G

  3. #3
    Same here. I had 1.1.1 and got that error. I downgraded to 1.0.2 and downgraded the baseband and it still gave me that error. Not sure what to do...

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sirkako View Post
    I purchased IPSF. I'm trying to unlock, but I keep getting the same error: "Unlock failed. Error in server communications."

    I already restarted the application and the iPhone, as indicated on the IPSF web site and guide. I've tried over 20 times and I have followed the instructions carefully. I've also (properly) restored via iTunes to iPhone v1.1.1 (3A109a) with Firmware 04.01.1_G. My IMEI is fine and coincides with the one activated and I also have strong WiFi with internet.

    Any ideas?

    Thank you!
    I would contact IPSF through their website. This seems to be a communications error rather than a licensing error so contacting your vendor wouldn't do much good. My IPSF unlock went off with a hitch. Odd.

    What version of Simfree are you using?

    PS: What's your IMEI currently listed as? It's always best to unlock the phone (with Simfree) without your SIM in the phone.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-11-14 at 09:42 PM.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  5. #5
    As for me:
    1.1.1 with 04.01.13_G IPSF v1.7 (rc4)
    I also used Virginize Baseband 04.01.13_G and took it to 03.14.08_G with same results.
    What I've notice, while running IPSF there's a point where something kills wifi and tries to connect over edge.

  6. #6
    Hey Eurisko!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I would contact IPSF through their website. This seems to be a communications error rather than a licensing error so contacting your vendor wouldn't do much good. My IPSF unlock went off with a hitch. Odd.
    I did write them directly, twice. They seem VERY unresponsive...

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    What version of Simfree are you using?
    I've tried IPSF v1.7rc4 and v1.6rc1 both with iPhone v1.1.1 w/FW4, v1.0.2 w/FW4 and v1.0.2 w/FW3

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    PS: What's your IMEI currently listed as? It's always best to unlock the phone (with Simfree) without your SIM in the phone.
    My IMEI is fine, no 0049 xxxx xxxx or anything... I've tried with and without the AT&T and MY-OWN SIM inside.

    I'm pretty sure it's an issue on their side, but noone seems to know what's going on or how to fix it.
    Last edited by sirkako; 2007-11-15 at 01:22 AM.
    Don't ask God for the way to Heaven, He'll show you the hardest way!

  7. #7
    Hi,

    I hane the same issue, when I virginize my 1.0.2 and upgrade to 1.1.1 and all look like work fine when I run IPFS. But at final part where IPFS say:

    1.- "Cleaning" the wifi icon dissapear for a moment.
    2.- "Communicating with server" the wifi icon appear

    but IPFS stop the process and tell me that the Unlock process fail due the error comunicating with the server.

    I'm from venezuela, I write to this people and they never answer me. I feel like they stolen me.

    After more than 20 tries to unlock my iPhone with the IPFS. I decide to use the AnySim 1.1 and I'm unlocking it in 5 min. and work like a sharm. whitout any problem. My phone 100% operable.

    I want to let that question here:
    Is Possible that in spite of the process of virginizacion they have been left signs of the unlock with the AnySim 1,0 and this causes that the IPFS thinks that my iPhone is not the registered one by them and for that reason it fails in the unlocking process?

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jmerhi View Post
    I want to let that question here:
    Is Possible that in spite of the process of virginizacion they have been left signs of the unlock with the AnySim 1,0 and this causes that the IPFS thinks that my iPhone is not the registered one by them and for that reason it fails in the unlocking process?
    If your phone was previously unlocked using AnySim, IPSF will recognize this. Before using IPSF, you would need to reflash the baseband to its original firmware (which can be obtained here in the downloads section, or within your iPhone's Restore files.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jmerhi View Post
    Hi,

    I hane the same issue, when I virginize my 1.0.2 and upgrade to 1.1.1 and all look like work fine when I run IPFS. But at final part where IPFS say:

    1.- "Cleaning" the wifi icon dissapear for a moment.
    2.- "Communicating with server" the wifi icon appear

    but IPFS stop the process and tell me that the Unlock process fail due the error comunicating with the server.

    I'm from venezuela, I write to this people and they never answer me. I feel like they stolen me.

    After more than 20 tries to unlock my iPhone with the IPFS. I decide to use the AnySim 1.1 and I'm unlocking it in 5 min. and work like a sharm. whitout any problem. My phone 100% operable.

    I want to let that question here:
    Is Possible that in spite of the process of virginizacion they have been left signs of the unlock with the AnySim 1,0 and this causes that the IPFS thinks that my iPhone is not the registered one by them and for that reason it fails in the unlocking process?
    jmerhi
    Do you have a step by step process or where could I read how to do it?
    Thanks

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    If your phone was previously unlocked using AnySim, IPSF will recognize this. Before using IPSF, you would need to reflash the baseband to its original firmware (which can be obtained here in the downloads section, or within your iPhone's Restore files.
    Hi Eurisko,

    1.- I'm Virginize my 1.0.2
    2.- I'm Restore my 1.0.2 to have a fresh 1.0.2 and virgin iPhone 1.0.2
    3.- I'm upgrade to 1.1.1 with iTunes
    4.- Jailbreak my 1.1.1 & installing IPFS

    After several tries IPFS never unlock my iPhone allways get "Unlock failed. Error in server communications."

    I means that my iPhone still have something left from the first unlock with AnySim 1.0 that not let IPFS unlock it.

    Can anybode here have a OTB iPhone and try IPFS to test unlock sucess?

  11. #11
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jmerhi View Post
    Hi Eurisko,

    1.- I'm Virginize my 1.0.2
    2.- I'm Restore my 1.0.2 to have a fresh 1.0.2 and virgin iPhone 1.0.2
    3.- I'm upgrade to 1.1.1 with iTunes
    4.- Jailbreak my 1.1.1 & installing IPFS

    After several tries IPFS never unlock my iPhone allways get "Unlock failed. Error in server communications."

    I means that my iPhone still have something left from the first unlock with AnySim 1.0 that not let IPFS unlock it.

    Can anybode here have a OTB iPhone and try IPFS to test unlock sucess?
    Keep in mind that restoring your iPhone does not restore the baseband (modem). Did you reflash the baseband when you "virginized"? You shouldn't be going to all this trouble anyhow. Keep buggin those guys at IPSF until you get an answer. This definitely sounds like a server issue regardless.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  12. #12
    I guess I'm a bit confused
    I unlock my phone with IPSF with v 1.0.0, later upgraded to 1.0.2.
    I later upgraded to 1.1.1 and also used IPSF using the *#307# method.
    and worked fine.
    I had to restore the phone a week later with the image obtain here (v1.1.1), baseband 04.01.13_G and tried IPSF and got error the with the "Unlock failed. Error in server communications."
    Tried "Virginized Baseband" to 03.14.08_G and same error. My IMEI is fine, no 0049xxxx.
    Do I still try Anysim, if so; what version.....and are there any step to follow?
    What do I need to do to prep the phone?...please help since I have a little bet with the wife if I get this to work!!!!!

  13. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    In simplest terms, if you run IPSF (Simfree) and you get a message "This phone has already been unlocked" then you know you need to re-virginize the baseband. If you get some other error. Then its a different type of problem.

    Other people are also getting the "Unlock failed. Error in server communications." message, and I think that's something specially due to the IPSF servers. For that you would need to contact them directly to see what's up.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Other people are also getting the "Unlock failed. Error in server communications." message, and I think that's something specially due to the IPSF servers. For that you would need to contact them directly to see what's up.
    That's what I'm thinking...I've emailed them a few time and the reseller...with no response.
    I can understand they maybe inundated, with the new version and domain name change...but post something on your site (IPSF) and or resellers.
    What can I do...I'm willing to try Anysim and go from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2
    AND WIN MY BET

    Here's my thinking:
    >Virginize 1.1.1
    >>Restore to 1.0.2
    >>>upgrade to 1.1.1

    here's the part I need "spoon feeding"....and do what and how? (Windows XP user with iTunes 7.5)
    Thanks ahead of time!

  15. #15
    *Solution* iPhoneSimFree “Error in server communication”
    iPhoneAdd comments
    For people who had the problem above, you may need to try the method below..

    1) Downgrade your iPhone baseband to 3.x

    2) Downgrade your firmware to 1.0.2

    3) Jailbreak it with iBrickr or wiNinstaller

    4) Install AppInstaller from iBrickr and update it.

    5) Install BSD System from AppInstaller .

    6) Install AnySIM 1.0.2 from iBrickr. (not the AnySIM 1.1.1)

    7) Run AnySIM 1.0.2 to unlock your phone.

    Once it successfully unlocked, install IPSF 1.6v and run it. It should said that your phone had been Unlocked.

    9) Now upgrade it to 1.1.1 and everything will be fine.. Install the 1.1.2 preupgrade thing and upgrade it to 1.1.2. Use the 1.1.2 jailbreak method to jailbreak it and your phone will be automatically unlocked if your phone is unlock with IPSF previously.


    copy: http://www.weyz.net/iphonesimfree-er...communication/

  16. #16
    the above steps do work. just a edit.

    after running any sim 1.0.2, run simfree 1.6. and it will say "already unlocked"
    hold shift and then click the update button on itunes and select the 1.1.1 firmware file.
    wait for it to install.

    after it reboots, jailbreak v1.1.1 and your iphone will then automaticlly be activated and then it will be unlocked.

    install oktoprep, and update to v1.1.2 and then jailbreak.1.1.2

    all set.

  17. #17
    Hi All,
    I have a 1.1.1 OTB which was fully working after initial install of IPSF 1.6 and Independence 1.2.5 on Tiger OSX.
    1 month later I installed Leopard and (yeah I know!) upgraded to 1.1.2 at which point I had basically an iPod Touch - no phone.

    After searching, installing anysim 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 and IPFS 1.5 1.6 and 1.8, downgrading, virginizing, bbupdate/secpack via Terminal, you name it, on all versions of iPhone firmware seemingly dozens of times I could not get past the 'Error in Server Communications' or anySIM would say 'phone successfully unlocked' but I would get no service (it did see my provider a for a fleeting minute or two then nothing). Nor could I find any info on how to fix this problem and my IPFS reseller would not reply my emails.

    Today (1x month later) I have my phone back.
    I had all but given up on it as I have played around so much that I cannot really say what I did but thought it was beyond repair.
    The final success was achieved with:
    Activate with Independence
    Virginize through Installer to (btw: my phones OTB specs of) 1.1.1 04.01.13_G
    by adding http://i.unlock.no/ to repository and installing Virginizer pack
    Reinstall 1.1.1 and re-activate with Independence
    Install BSD, anySIM 1.1 and simfree 1.8 - via Installer
    putting in my SIM card (for the first time since before the virginize) and run anySIM 1.1 At this point it started to work so I did not run simfree - a procedure I am sure I have tried before. but this time it worked.

    so hang in there, keep trying, it can be done...
    Now I just have to learn to stop playing around under its bonnet it and let it be.

    And a big thanks to anyone who has helped in making the iPhone usable at all...

  18. #18
    Put your sim card then run it?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •