Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Please!! I Don't Know What Is Going On!!!!

Unhappy Help Please!! I Don't Know What Is Going On!!!!
    Hi guys,

So i was happily using my iphone 1.0.2 with tmobile, unlocked with guide from this site (using iUnlock) back in the day. never upgraded to 1.1.1.
    So i saw this halo 3 theme ringtone in Installer, so I installed it (i think it is from hightymes repository). It failed to install correctly (can't run script). So installer froze phone upon exit. Hard restart leads to continuous freezing and restarting of Summerboard. The phone is un-usable due to continuous freeze. So i had to restore. Here comes the problem. I have the 1.0.2 firmware, and a old copy of iTunes 7.4.1. I restore everything without a problem, but now I need to activate it. I have the original independence 1.2.1, okay so I run it to activate, and iNdependence crashes during the middle of activation!!! I am running 10.5 Leopard (is this the cause?); anyways, iphone is stuck in the apple logo screen. Here is what I did that is STUPID: Instead of pressing buttons and making iphone go into restore mode, I opened iTunes. iTunes weirdly said iphone in restore mode...so I thought it is okay and i clicked to restore to 1.0.2...
    NOW my iphone will not go pass the apple logo screen and continuously restart.
    I tried to restore it again properly (make iphone go to restore mode) in both 7.4.1, 7.4.2 (10.5 leopard) and Windows (7.4.2) all with 1.0.2 firmware. Same thing happens!! iphone is stuck!!

HELP me PLEASE...

Also when I restore the phone like this, do i re-virginize the phone? Can i go straight to firmware 1.1.1? or do I have to revirginize it in 1.0.2 and upgrade to 1.1.1; well this comes later when/if i can get my phone fixed first .....

Thanks very much for any help.
    Mike

my phone did a out the same thing... Freezing/cycling. I had 1.1.1 and used jailbreakme.com, some it wasn't displaying any of the third party apps I took it into the apple store and they gave me a new one right there on the spot. Just a last resort.

so after reading some posts, I assume since my phone was unlocked using iUnlock, it is still unlocked. I could just have restore with 1.0.2 and jail broken it. But the fact is iNdependence crashed and all that happened...

Could someone please help me how to restore my phone again and stop the on/off cycling at the Apple Logo screen PLEASE PLEASE

I think if i restore to 1.1.1 right now, it will brick my phone since it was unlocked and I didn't virginize the phone.

I unlocked my iPhone at 1.0.2 using the instructions on the site. Now that full instructions on upgrading to 1.1.1 have been published, I decided to give it a try. Managed to re-virginise my iPhone with no problem and then, having downgraded iTunes from 7.5 to 7.4.2, I ran INdependence. It crashed before jailbreaking the iPhone and now despite restoring 1.0.2 several times, the iPhone is stuck in a loop at the Apple screen.

Is my phone "bricked" or can it be rescued? Any suggestions gratefully received.

well you are in better shape than me.
    at least you virginized your phone. and can try to update to 1.1.1
    I cannot, if I update, i will brick it...since I didnt get a chance to virginized it...

My advise is to pony up the 59.95 and get iphonesimfree. Anysim and iUnlock bricked up alot of the iphones when people updates to version 1.1.1. Restore the phone and purchase the unlock. It's less of a headache and won't brick your phone.

well, my problem right now is that the phone will not restore correctly.
    it is stuck in a restarting loop at the apple logo screen even after a forced itunes restore to 1.0.2. i tried this many times, but after itunes said iphone sucessfully restore, the phone itself just keeps restarting...

well i went to the apple store and they say they would fix it.
    they updated it to 1.1.2 and now it is bricked.
    and they told me that it is my fault even though they bricked it..... F**k apple store man.

so now i have to try to unbrick this phone...
    Last edited by sargexmy; 2007-11-13 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi, so i fixed my phone. Very much thanks to this guide. i posted it here just in case anyone have the same problem. I give full credits to the author, awesome guide.

http://www.winandmac.com/mobile/ipho...via-downgrade/

Quote Originally Posted by iansearle View Post
    I unlocked my iPhone at 1.0.2 using the instructions on the site. Now that full instructions on upgrading to 1.1.1 have been published, I decided to give it a try. Managed to re-virginise my iPhone with no problem and then, having downgraded iTunes from 7.5 to 7.4.2, I ran INdependence. It crashed before jailbreaking the iPhone and now despite restoring 1.0.2 several times, the iPhone is stuck in a loop at the Apple screen.

Is my phone "bricked" or can it be rescued? Any suggestions gratefully received.
    Pleased to report my iPhone is fully functioning (unlocked) at 1.1.1. While I could not restore 1.0.2, I was able to restore 1.1.1 and then jailbreak and unlock. Fortunately I had re-virginised before the problem. All very odd.