Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Got some Unlocking/Jailbreaking Questions

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Got some Unlocking/Jailbreaking Questions
    But yeah, just wanted to make sure that if I was to buy a iphone 8gb, unlock it/jailbreak it with i liberty+, then just pop in my tmobile sim card. I won't get charged anything then my regular normal tmobile bill?? Right no extra fees??..
    I don't plan on getting a data plan or anything like that...I'ma just be using wifi networks at my school/home/other places to use the internet. But yeah just wanted to make sure no extra fees right??

Also does unlocking/jailbreaking a iphone with i liberty+ cause you to lose gb space? For example I get a iphone 8gb then unlock/jailbreak it.. will it still have 8gb after i liberty+ unlocks/jailbreaks it??

But yeah is a iphone really worth it?? Is it worth buying one even though I won't have internet access 24/7...since I'll just be using my normal tmobile plan that comes with texts..unlimited nightly calls..unlimited calls on weekends...etc..

But yeah will be asking more questions as soon as I can think of more...

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

I suggest to use Ziphone,just press DO IT ALL button though....

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

Spongebob (2008-05-11), Xettexl (2008-05-11)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Nah I hear better things about i liberty+..then ziphone...and plus i liberty+ is pretty easy to use aswell.

Still need my questions answered..

Thanks

Well,when i tried to use iLiberty+,I used to restore my iPhone,for the questions,
    You wont get charged,and you wont loose free space,anyways you will have only 7.3GB...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

Xettexl (2008-05-11)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So I'll only have 7.3gb left after the whole unlock/jailbreak...hmm..is that normal. You know losing gb capacity when you unlock/jailbreak a iphone with a program like ziphone or iliberty+?

Also if I wanted to lets say relock/unjailbreak my iphone in the future and buy a AT&T plan for the iphone. Would a simple restore do the trick?

Thanks

No,it doesnt matter,will you unlock/activate/jailbreak... You will have 7.3GB,even if you would do that,you need some space for OS.... Unlocking/activation/jailbreaking doesnt matter,you wont loose free space though....
    If you want to relock your iPhone,you need a DFU restore to 1.1.4 firmware,and then (If you will use iPlus or iLiberty+) you need to upgrade it to 4.6ORIGINAL though...
    By the way-which OS for computer do you use?))

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

Xettexl (2008-05-11)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah I'm a tech nub and if by OS for computer...do you mean what computer and what software im running...then Windows Xp.

So if "do it all" with ziphone if I want to restore my iphone to factory fresh out of the box I'd have to DFU restore to 1.1.4?? Sorry for all the questions..just want to get all my facts straight before I go and buy a iphone 8gb tomorrow or later this week.

Thanks

No,if you DO IT ALL with Ziphone,you need to get your bootloader up to 4.6,in the meantime,if you want an offical contract you wold better use iPlus,search the forums for iPlus,there are a lot of guides....
    By the way,this might be interesting for you to read- http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153831

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

Xettexl (2008-05-11)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hmm just wondering how would I get the bootloader up to 4.6 again??

Because I plan unlocking my iphone to use with my cheap tmobile plan for now but in a few years until I can afford a Iphone AT&T plan.

Oh yah thanks for all the help!

Thanks

Through BootNeuter application,which is available through installer or PWNAGE...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

Xettexl (2008-05-11)