Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Take my phone back to apple?

Default Take my phone back to apple?
    So basically I have tried every solution on the net about virginizing, upgrading, etc. A while back my phone said no service, and as of yet have still figured out how to get my sim card to work. Wifi and youtube work, just no T-Mobile service. The last guide I've tried was http://iphone.unlock.no/#already-unlocked-virginize.

Now it still says no service but when you go to contacts it shows my number, is it just my phone and should I take it back to mac. If so what do I tell them so I can just get a new one.

Someone please respond, thanks.

Jimmy
    Last edited by Jimmy; 2007-11-10 at 09:20 AM.

let me get this straight, your phone is saying you need to bring it in, right?

no, it connects to itunes just fine. No matter what unlocking method/virginizing etc I can never get my sim to work. It will always say no signal, and yes my sim works in other phones.

what firmware were you running prior to your upgrade attempt? What firmware are you running now?

have you attempted this approach?

I was running 1.0.2, then it did the infamous No Service deal on me. So I waited until some solution came out. So I viginized the phone, redid the baseband and unlocked with any sim. That didn't work, so I revirginized, set up for 1.1.1 update, updated, made sure my baseband was fine, unlocked, used any sim 1.1 that still didn't work. I'm thinking it's just my phone because I read a situation on Hackint0sh that was exactly like mine and there has been no solution as off yet.

The only solution I can think of is to call apple, tell them my phone isn't working for some reason, send it in (virginized of course) then unlock the one that I get back from them.

And yes, I have tried that method before. I think I've tried all the guides here and on hackint0sh.

Bump, anyone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems like a vicious cycle.
    You could try going to 1.1.2, which will give you a new baseband version and is unlockable so I hear. I think that would be my last attempt before bringing it in to Apple.

The jailbreak is quite simple and you'll still have read/write access. Im curious to see how that would fair for you. I can help you walk if you want.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to catriple For This Useful Post:

Jimmy (2007-11-13)

Hrm, I'll try that. But a question when I bring it in or to call over to apple support...

Will a Cingular Prepaid number activated through iPhone work since I can't give them my T-Mobile number.

Thanks

Yes it will. Its an active account with AT&T! Can they really tell if its a pre-paid card or a monthly contract card? I dont think so. As long as its tied ot att its not a big deal!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to catriple For This Useful Post:

Jimmy (2007-11-13)

Cool, I'll try the 1.1.2 update tonight and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Cool, I'll try the 1.1.2 update tonight and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help.
    Im interested to see how it goes. I know how frustrating it can be when it doesn't work out. Post the results if you get the time!

Hrm, since hackint0sh is down what method is there other on here to upgrade to 1.1.2?

Can I get some assistance on updating to 1.1.2? lol