Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iphone NO SERVICE o2 contract sim? help

Default Unlocked iphone NO SERVICE o2 contract sim? help
    hi folks,

first post..i hope somebody here can help!..(im in the UK)

i recently got an unlocked iphone on ebay. my intention was to use the iphone with my o2 contract sim card, but with the o2 sim card installed it says NO SERVICE.

it is working fine with my vodafone payg sim, and i have been downloading snes and nes emulators and other 3rd party apps..so it must be unlocked!

the o2 sim card i have came out of my blackberry curve and is an o2 contract..

is there something i have to do to make my unlocked iphone accept the o2 contract sim card?

grateful for any help!

shark

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

try restoring and then unlocking again...

thanks for your fast reply!

i didn't unlock the iphone myself, so i'll have a look at how to do....i do not have a usb cable for it only a charger...is it possible to do as you suggested above without connecting the iphone to my pc?

Thanks

Ok,download Ziphone ( www.ziphone.org ),then launch iTunes,plug in your iPhone and press RESTORE (not UPDATE),after process finishes,launch Ziphone and press DO IT ALL,after process finishes,insert your 02 sim and it will work,dont forget to press thanks))),it will work...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

thesharkfactor (2008-05-09)

thanks for that..

i clicked thanks too!

thanks for the tips and link....i download ziphone on my pc, then plug my iphone into the pc?

as above, i dont have a cable to connect my iphone to the pc..

or do you mean download ziphone on my iphone using wifi, then plug it into the wall charger??

sorry for silly q's...im a noob!

Thanks

Sorry,you need a USB cable to do that,you should have it in a box....

If you have an offical apple charger then the lead should pull out of the mains plug end & on the end is a usb plug. You can then plug the lead into your pc.

Dave

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dave010567 For This Useful Post:

thesharkfactor (2008-05-09)

thanks for that..just got myself a cable..

i dont have the original software cd which came with the iphone, can i download the pc software from somewhere?

ok..so i have got itunes an all i need.

i followed instructions above, restored my iphone with itunes then ran "do it all" in ziphone.

but, i still get NO SERVICE from my o2 sim card..

the unlock and jailbreak with ziphone WAS sucessfull, as the iphone now accepts vodaphone payg sim card (UK iphone was locked to o2 network).

is there anything i can do to make it work with my o2 sim card?

any help appreciated!

thanks

shark
    Last edited by thesharkfactor; 2008-05-10 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The reason it won't work is because your trying to use a contract o2 sim with an ulocked iphone, try getting hold of an o2 pay as you go sim and i bet it will work, o2 PAYG sims can be orderd from o2 for free, try it and let me know.

what part of the uk are you from as im from the uk aswell.
    Last edited by legend_of_chaos; 2008-05-10 at 10:02 AM.

I have same problem as OP but NO SERVICE with both o2 contract or o2 PAYG. Tried ziphone, iliberty+, winpwn still can't get signal on o2.

Thanks

o2 contract sims work fine on UK iphones
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    I have same problem as OP but NO SERVICE with both o2 contract or o2 PAYG. Tried ziphone, iliberty+, winpwn still can't get signal on o2.
    I also have same problem when I upgraded to 1.1.4 using iplus, iliberty and ziphone to jailbreak and unlock my phone and restore many times, still “no service” sometimes “AT&T" was shown but my carrier was not AT&T. My iphone was OTB 1.1.1 and can not restore to 1.1.1.
    1.1.4 BL 3.9 BB 04.04.05_G

It's not got anything to do with unlocking it with ziphone or win/quickpwn, if you've tried all of that and it still says NO SERVICE. The reason why it says no service and you're not going to like it is, because it's been black listed and the person off ebay has bumped you and they know it and now have a new iphone.

I work for 02 and this is why it's black listed, recently all UK tariffs signed an agreement that any stolen phone that was reported they would get the phones IMEI number and log it. So if someone eg rings vodafone gives an IMEI number and it's black listed and then someone tries it with Tmobile then it will not work at all because the IMEI number is in the database for all carriers.

The IMEI number for your iphone can be found simply on the back of the phone it's engraved into it. So to get it un-black listed you need to get the person that sold it to you to ring and un list it, but I doubt that will happen because then they'll get done for fraud. This is a strong agreement that was put into power by Tony Blair and is supported by the Home Office, you can change the IMEI number but that is illegal and you can get upto 5 years prison time for this, it's very serious.

Sometimes offers on ebay are to good to be true, you've just learned a hard lesson, you could report them to ebay or the Police.

Default Solved!
    Hi

I had this problem too, but with yellowsnow apt, and cydia's bossprefs I could solve it after a few restarts and toggling the airplane mode on and off.

as for the reply above me, I suggest visiting report.yellowsn0w.com