Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NO SIGNAL ERROR... After jailbreak and unlock, NOTHING....

Default NO SIGNAL ERROR... After jailbreak and unlock, NOTHING....
    Hello. I am about to go bold trying to figure out why the iphone is not unlocking properly.

I updated to 1.1.1, jailbreak and unlocked via AnySim 1.1. Phone was working fine until I tried to move around icons via customize. After a frozen screen and a reboot, the phone would start showing NO ICONS and a sign ipod on the top right.

I downgraded to 1.0.2 and downgraded the baseline to 3.14.08. Virginesed phone.

After unlocking 1.0.2 via Anysim 1.1 the phone recognizes the SIM but does not allow me to make calls. After trying the call it goes into no signal mode.

Revirginezed and unlocked via iUnlock.

Same behavior.

- IMEI is correct
    - Firmware 1.0.2
    - Virginised 3 times already and nothing

PLEASE... HELP !!!!

Thanks a lot !!!

Hopefuly this helps any frustrated people out there...

For some reason it was my account. I called rogers and had them refresh my network.

Done... WORKING..
    Last edited by nico_g; 2007-11-09 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Very normal the companys computer system kicked your Imei off the system due to a hardware error, as the iphone has real time error reporting.

and what does that mean im haveing the some problem: After unlocking 1.1.1 via Anysim 1.1 the phone recognizes the SIM but does not allow me to make calls. After trying the call it goes into no signal mode. HELP

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

you know the imei on the back of the phone? there required by law so every phone must have one and it is highly illegal to change it *cough*ziphone*cough* anyways a phone company can do anything with an imie activate your phone and deactivate you phone to. you must have done something and the iphone sent out a distress signal to your carrier who then deactivated your phones radio
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to heath_rox For This Useful Post:

hippie_man (2008-03-31)

I use an 1.1.4 iPhone in Romania and have no problems ... My iPhone is unlocked , but today I. Came by to Turkey and I have no signal ... When I choose my carrier manually It recognize "Turkcell" ( Turkish carrier) but when I choose and go back to main menu it says " this network is no longer avalible" :-/ what is the problem ????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heath_rox View Post
    you know the imei on the back of the phone? there required by law so every phone must have one and it is highly illegal to change it *cough*ziphone*cough* anyways a phone company can do anything with an imie activate your phone and deactivate you phone to. you must have done something and the iphone sent out a distress signal to your carrier who then deactivated your phones radio
    THIS MAKES A BIT OF SENSE TO ME!!!!

I HAVE NOW BEEN TRYING FOR 3 days straight to get my iPhone back. Man, I never realized how much I liked it until now!!

So now seriously, does AT&T do this? The thing is I think when I upgraded to 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 AT&T allowed me to do it. Then on the 1.1.4 to 2.0 AT&T said that I should contact them! They told me I needed a new contract but I have pay as you go cuz I live in Europe and don't need to sign up for an AT&T monthly contract. And BTW AT&T in the USA sux, how do you people deal with it :P

So now, can someone answer if AT&T actually does this "distress" signal OR is this just a theory? If its true, LETS FIGURE OUT HOW TO CRACK IT PLEASE PLEASE