Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreak or unlock for newb?

Default jailbreak or unlock for newb?
    i have never myself unlocked an iphone, i have however jailbroken using ibrickr and the new appsnapp! my question is this, if i go out and buy a new iphone in apple store, brand new in box, take it home and jailbreak it on app snapp will it then work as an ipod or do i have to unlock it as well (i am not going to use it as a phone

Thanks

Just get a touch if your not using the phone, and you can activate and unlock very easily, just go to jailbreakme.com from your unactivated screen.

There are definately more steps than just going to the website .. please give full information.

Also, I would rather an iPhone as an iPod, than a iTouch. 8 gigs is plenty for me, and since it has a speaker, a camera, option TO use as a phone if I later want to, as well as having a back which won't scratch uber easily, I think the iPhone is more practical all around.

To the OP: If you need help to jailbreak the phone, then just search on here. The FULL steps are listed. It's really quite easy, so long as you have wifi.