Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking UK iPhone 1.1.2 help

Default Unlocking UK iPhone 1.1.2 help
    Hi all. Im new round here so ive just go a big question about the iPhone being released in the UK this friday if anyone can help.

I know that the iPhone being released in the UK will be 1.1.2 out the box. Which most probably means Apple have patched the tiff exploit.

I know it will be a while before there is a new unlock method. Although i have read you can downgrade to 1.1.1 then unlock it that way.

I know there is a guide on here to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.0 but would the same apply to downgrading a 1.1.2?? Can i use the same apps and methods?

I want to be able to unlock my iphone on the day of release as im off on holiday and want to take it with me but i dont want to risk bricking it!

If anybody could give me some advice or point me in the direction of some guides then that would be great!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It is way too new to know what can and what can't be done yet... I would say hold off and let the testers do their thing... its said that the new firmware will be available on Friday so let it come out and let the work start. Be patient and don't brick that wonderful device!!!

Lighter

Quote Originally Posted by benji87 View Post
    Hi all. Im new round here so ive just go a big question about the iPhone being released in the UK this friday if anyone can help.

I know that the iPhone being released in the UK will be 1.1.2 out the box. Which most probably means Apple have patched the tiff exploit.

I know it will be a while before there is a new unlock method. Although i have read you can downgrade to 1.1.1 then unlock it that way.

I know there is a guide on here to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.0 but would the same apply to downgrading a 1.1.2?? Can i use the same apps and methods?

I want to be able to unlock my iphone on the day of release as im off on holiday and want to take it with me but i dont want to risk bricking it!

If anybody could give me some advice or point me in the direction of some guides then that would be great!