Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unbrick iphone

Angry unbrick iphone
    hie im in dire need of your expert help i think i might have bricked my iphone and i need some serious advice to save this fantaboulous phone. Here is a fool's account of what i did :

Yup - I've bricked it...I got too confident...and I only had it 1 day!

Basically I activated and jailbreaked it using Independence. I then downgraded the firmware, patched it and then re-upgraded back to 1.1.1. It I then had to activate and jailbreak it again and then install SSH. I installed AnySim and unlocked it. The phone worked like a dream, I had Youtube, itunes, could make calls etc...

I then started to get annoyed with the Anysim icon on my springboard so thought I would remove the anysim app...bad Idea - this is where it all went wrong. After a restart, it just hanged on the black and silver Apple screen. I can get it into iTunes recovery mode but that is about it.

Sounds like you farked something up when you deleted AnySim. Might want to start over w/ the entire process. Many have deleted anySim w/o issue.

down load ibricky then reboot it through ibricky thats what i donr and ive got back too activate screen , if u sort it out after that let me know how u unlock it thx

Thumbs up unbrick iphone
    will trythe above sugestions and post back any progress.

Default STUCK ON RESTORE SCREEN i.e. ITUNES + CABLE INTERFACE
    ive tried the above but getting no luck . it keeps bringing up error (1) in itunes when i try to restore to 1.0.2. im at wits end now . SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE

Angry Unable To Restore To 1.0.2.
    AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS TO RESTORE MY PHONE TO 1.0.2. I FAILED MISERABLY. THIS IS MY LOG OF THE PROCESS CAN SOMEONE MAKE SENSE OR TRY TO DIAGNOSE IF MY PHONE HAS A PROBLEM OR IM DOING SOMN WRONG.

FINALLY IM ON THE ACTIVATE SCREEN I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT SO AS TO USE MY T-MOBILE SIM CARD AIN THIS IPHONE i.e. USE THE PHONE CAPABILITIES OF THE IPHONE AS WELL. HELP

HOW DO I GO ABOUT FROM THE ACTIVATE AT&T SCREEN SO THAT I CAN USE MY T-MOBILE SIMCARD ON THE IPHONE .
    Last edited by tchigz; 2007-11-10 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost