Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone not switching on!! PLZ HELP!

Default iPhone not switching on!! PLZ HELP!
    Hi,

I used the beta 2 release to pwn my iphone and then restored it from itunes with the custom firmware. It restored successfully and itunes said that the phone would restart.

But the phone never restarted. No matter what I do, my phone isnt switching on only. Tried power button, power + home button, connected it to the comp and tried switching it on. Nothing works.

Any suggestions??

Taking it back to Apple is not an option for me because I am in India.

Fixed the problem........thanks everyone for viewing! :P

Default Iphone not booting up after winpwn
    May I know what you did to get it started again?

well first i put it in dfu mode.

For that hold the home and sleep/wake button together exactly for 10 seconds and then let go of the sleep/wake button and keep holding the home button for another 10 seconds. I wasnt able to see anything on the screen coz it was black throughout so I timed myself using a watch.

After that the comp will detect you iphone in dfu mode (the screen will still be blank). I used ziphone then to erase BL 3.9 baseband option.

After that I did a restore from itunes and the phone came alive. If you are facing a similar problem and need any help, let me know. Would be happy to help.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dhawalsinha For This Useful Post:

ckchua88 (2008-05-14)

I think I have a similar problem, went thru the whole process with winpwn and when it can to reboot to start neuter, it kept on trying to reboot, nothin happened. Not sure what to do next. Was considering rerestoring with itunes all over again. ziphone and erasing of BL 3.9, don't know how to do it, any direction much appreciated. Also when you restored from itunes did you use the custom 1.1.4?

Default Please Help Mr. Dhawal
    I'm facing the same problem. But i don't know how to use the ziphone to unlock my problem. Even I can't get my iphone changed being in India. Can you please tell me the steps in detail. Please tell me.
    I'm very sorry for the trouble.

Hi everyone

Today while using my Iphone got off automatically. After that i have been trying to on it but its not getting on. I have tried with pressing power and home button simultaneously no use. When i put it in PC it just don't do any thing. But when i put in charger it gets Apple logo and after 15-20 sec it fades away and nothing happens. Any idea whats going on. Please help.