Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Having major trouble entering EDGE network settings PLEASE help..

Unhappy Having major trouble entering EDGE network settings PLEASE help..
    Hello all this is my first post here and I'm having some major issues here with EDGE. I just unlocked my iPhone yesterday and I've got everything working perfectly except for the fact that when I go to enter my edge network settings ( for tmobile )
    I begin entering internet2.voicestream.com and once I press the return key or even click on the username field, the screen goes black and I'm automatically back at the home/springboard screen ... Any real help would be greatly appreciated !
    [email protected]
    Last edited by croshere444; 2007-11-05 at 01:02 AM. Reason: typo

Try typing in the APN field - "wap.voicestream.com" without the quotes. Then just click on Network in the top left corner. Do not hit enter in the keyboard.

Default 5.99 T-Mobile Hack - It works if you know what you're doing
    Hi,
    I am not a hacker, but am pretty good at following directions, when they are provided clearly. It took me 2 days to figure out how to transfer files from my pc to the iphone (using WinSCP) in order enable Edge on my phone. It works, (so far), and I even have the use of YouTube, although VERY SLOW with poor image quality compared to wifi. It did not work by putting in the suggested APN & password combo's on their own. I will explain what I have and have done so you can compare apples to apples...

I unlocked the Iphone with firmware ver 1.1.1 using the brilliant instructions from www.hacktheiphone.com. My T-mobile edge worked breifly and then stopped. I had the 19.99 blackberry data package. When I found out about the 5.99 web plan hack, I decided to give it a try, so I downgraded my T-mobile service. It took about 24 hours before I received a text message that my service change was complete. It took WAY longer to figure out how to follow the directions below that I have copied from "WhizKid", another user on this board. I checked the settings and the APN is "wap.voicestream.com", and the username & passwords are "guest". FYI, I did not have to make this change. It was automatic after the hack. I want to try the APN: "internet2.voicestream.com" to see if I can get a faster connection speed, but at this point, I don't know if it will work with the $5.99 plan, and I am scared to mess with my success.
    If you need more detailed directions on how to copy the files to your phone, just reply back.
    Mel
    .................................................. ..........................................
    1. explore your mobile and under

/private/var/root

you need a to copy a file called "proxy.pac"

create a file by opening a notepad and cut and copy this code

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
    {
    if (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "10.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0"))
    return "PROXY 216.155.165.50:8080";
    else
    return "DIRECT";
    }

and name it as proxy.pac

PLEASE DO NOT TO SAVE THE FILE AS proxy.pac.txt but proxy.pac

and upload it at this

/private/var/root

(if by exploring your phone you dont see the change in file name ,download mobile finder on your mobile thorugh ibrickr and rename it on your iphone itself....)

After Copying download the file below

http://rapidshare.com/files/55487664...ces.plist.html

and go to

/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

JUST OVERWRITE THE FILE WITH NEW ONE YOU DOWNLOADED FROM RAPIDSHARE

DONT NEED TO TOUCH EDGE SETTINGS OR APN SETTINGS AND THEN REBoOT YOUR PHONE

HERE YOU GO CONGRATS!!!!!
    Last edited by delegall; 2007-11-05 at 01:34 AM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by croshere444 View Post
    Hello all this is my first post here and I'm having some major issues here with EDGE. I just unlocked my iPhone yesterday and I've got everything working perfectly except for the fact that when I go to enter my edge network settings ( for tmobile )
    I begin entering internet2.voicestream.com and once I press the return key or even click on the username field, the screen goes black and I'm automatically back at the home/springboard screen ... Any real help would be greatly appreciated !
    [email protected]
    1. Turn wifi off.
    2. Turn phone off.
    3. Turn phone on.
    4. Enter Edge settings as you did originally: internet2.voicestream.com
    5. Try to connect.
    6. If it works THEN turn wifi back on, if you so choose.