Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Faq

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Faq
    Hello,this will be an FAQ,where I would like to explain different thing to iPhone/iPod touch owners...

Lets start,imagine we have bought a brand new iPhone in the Apple Store and want to unlock/activate/jailbreak.

First of all I would like to explain different thing about:FIRMWARES,BASEBAND,BOOTLOADERS,e.t.c...

First thing we need to know is a baseband(modem firmware) of our iPhone,by knowing baseband(modem firmware) we will know the MOST IMPORTANT thing-FIRMWARE VERSION.

To check it, slide for emeregency and type *3001#12345#* and then check VERSIONS

1.0.0 and 1.0.1 come with 03.12.06_G
    1.0.2-03.14.08_G
    1.1.1-04.01.13_G
    1.1.2-04.02.13_G
    1.1.3-04.03.13_G
    1.1.4-04.04.05_G

By that time,I think that the best firmware for our iPhone will be 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 ...
    Then I would like to speak about bootloaders,which is an important thing to know.
    iPhones bought which firmware version 1.0.0-1.1.1 have old bootloader 3.9,but iPhones bought with firmware version 1.1.2-1.1.4 have 4.6 bootloader.
    Many people will say that Dont use Ziphone,it downgrades bootloader,anyways there is a lot of unlcok methods to use,next about that.
    By the way,only difference between the bootloaders,that if you have 4.6 bootloader,downgraded to 3.9(original),you will be unable to get it to Apple for repair,if you DO care about that,dont use Ziphone,use iLiberty+ or iPlus,it will downgrade to 3.9FAKEBLANK and you will be able to make it 4.6 at any time.
    So lets start with unlocking...

We have plenty of unlock methods to use,but we need to choose one anyways....
    PAWNAGE-By that time I think its not the most easiest,BUT the most safiest. (more info here- www.iphone.dev.org ). (by that time only for mac os)
    IPLUS-Thats the very interesting method of unlocking,its REALLY (win only)HARD,but it saves your time installing some usefull apps,like BSD Subsystem,SMB Themes Fix...
    ILIBERTY+-A GUI version of iPlus (win only)
    ZIPHONE-Its the easiest unlock method. (win+mac)

Heres how to use them:
    Pawnage. (works with 1.1.3-1.1.4 ONLY)
    Step 0. (only use this step if your iPhone bought with firmware 1.1.0-1.1.2) Restore to ORIGINAL firmware through iTunes.
    Step 1. Download,extract and open it.
    Step 2. Download firmware 1.1.4/1.1.3 ( http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=6 )
    Step 3. Click BROWSE IPSW and choose your firmware
    Step 4. Click iPwner and follow the instructions
    Step 5. Click IPSW Builder and select the options which you want to use
    Step 6. Restore to new (CUSTOM) firmware through iTunes and all will work....

iPlus.

1-Restore to 1.1.4 firmware through iTunes.
    2-go into Recovery mode (Hold home+power,when it gonna turn off unplug your iPhone from the dock holding home button,THEN connect it to the dock) Congrats you are now in "recovery mode",not DFU!
    3- download iPlus http://www.ipluspwns.com/files/iPlus2.0b.zip
    4-unpack it to your local disk like CiPlus
    5-download another thing wich you NEED to use iPlus http://www.ipluspwns.com/files/inter...al_payload.zip
    6-UNPACK THIS ARCHIEVE TO THE SAME DIRECTORY ON YOUR DISK
    7-enter your directory and rename payload_international.zip to payload.zip
    8-enter terminal and wirte cmd
    9-and type there
    c:
    cd \
    cd iPlus
    10-launch iTunes and wait untill it detects iPhone! DO NOT CLOSE IT,JUST DO NOT TOUCH IT!!!!!!
    11-if you need to activate/jailbreak/unlock type iPlus -u
    11(1.0) - if you just need to jailbreak/activate type iPlus
    12-wait from 2 to 5 minutes.

iLiberty+ is very easy.
    Just select options shich you would like to use,click done and follow the instructions...

Ziphone
    Anyways Ziphone is the easist tool.
    Restore to 1.1.3/4 firmware and
    Just click DO IT ALL button,after several minutes all will be working!

Ok,finished with unlocking....

Then after this we will see INSTALLER icon.
    What is it do we think?
    Ahha! It installs APPS.
    Hmmm,we think,what should we install for the first time?
    I made a list for apps which I have and which may be interesting for you to see,by the way we need WiFi or Edge:

Please note,to install this apps you will need a COMUNITY SOURCES package FIRST! Also if you would like to add different sources this may be helpful ( http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/sources/ )
    Anyways,if you would like to have 100+ more sources first add ( www.ride4.org/shai.xml ) to your sources and install ALL SOURCES package...
    Lets start:
    1-is BSD Subsystem,YOU need it for A LOT of apps to work correctly.
    2-Appolo is "the premier instant messnger for the iPhone" It supports ICQ too.
    3-Books,the apps is made to read books on your iPhone(you can upload them manually) and from installer.
    4-Sys info. Viem and controll ALL proceses on your iPhone.
    5-Mobile Finder. Like Finder on Mac,displays ALL files on your iPhone/iPod Touch
    6-Wallpaper is THE BEST app from iappaday it shows other peoples wallpaper allowing you to save it. I reccomend.
    7-DropCopy is an app that can send apps wirelesly(From iPhone to iPhone only!)
    8-BossPrefs:Services/Settings app replacement (combines all settings apps).
    9-ExportNotes allows you o EXPORT notes from MobileNotes.app
    10-iPhoneHome lets you open EACH app you need if you clivk it twice.
    11-killBoard a imple tool to respring(useful with experimenting with 1.1.3).
    12-Live Score wow! If you are a Socer fan that will be useful for you
    Now games
    1-st is Labyrith (The classic wooden labyrith game) But its not free,7$ BUT you can play DEMO for free,i Bought it and i like it...
    2-Contra Sence. A very interesting and funny game.
    3-Open TTD-The CLASSIC GAME OF TRANSPORT TYCON DELUXE! WOW!
    4-Ball Fight. Funny game where you need to drag your balls to hit your opponents
    5-Marble-Use the accelerometer to navigate the blue ball into the next level.
    6-Many asked for Chess on the iPhone-CAISSA CHESS.
    7-another chess game"chess"
    8-iCopter is an iPhone game based off Helicopter.The object is to steer a helicopter while dodging onscreen obstacles.
    9-iPhysics is a Multi-game engine with endless possibilities. To make it work install a special fix for 1.1.3 and 1.1.4(Levelpacks can be found in iPhysics category)
    10-Sudoku i hoppe you know this game,Now on iPhone!
    11-Tap Tap Revolution is a fast-tapping game set to music.

So if you would have any questions,please post them here.
    This is the first FAQ,which I will update.
    Last edited by Apple iPie; 2008-05-02 at 07:34 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

maximkokorev (2008-05-02)

iPhone? More like MyPhone njosnavelin's Avatar
    Thanks

Can the mods please make this into a wiki page. It's a good start but needs a lot of editing
    When I said that I was 'king of forwards', you got to understand that I don't come up with this stuff. I just forward it along. You wouldn't arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to njosnavelin For This Useful Post:

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by njosnavelin View Post
    Can the mods please make this into a wiki page. It's a good start but needs a lot of editing
    Hey,thats the only starting FAQ,of course it needs A LOT OF editing,thats what Im doing now,and yes,it should be moved into wiki...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

We will, don't worry. I will start in the weekend.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post: