Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: restoring problem 1.0.2 help

Default restoring problem 1.0.2 help
    ok guys i have iphone with firmware 1.0.2 unlocked with iunlock. i just want to restore it to 1.0.2 again. i don't wanna upgrade to 1.1.1 just restore to factory settings. i already have downloaded restore file of 1.0.2 firmware from apple website which is around 91 mb. how do i restore now? is it in itunes i connect the iphone and press shift+restore button and then select the 1.0.2 firmware file and let it do itself or is it different? remmeber i have unlocked iphone so will that create any problem restoring 1.0.2? thks in advance.

come on ppl help me on this. i also posted this thread on hackint0sh and some other ppl wanna know the same.
    Last edited by kapildevn15; 2007-11-03 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes, you have to do it with iTunes, as you wrote if you are using a PC, but if you are using a Mac, you have to press options+restore instead of shift+restore.
    After restore you will get a message that you need to activate the iPhone: for this you can follow the guide you can find in this forum.