Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What happens when i insert my sim?

Default What happens when i insert my sim?
    hello, i wanted to know what happens if i insert my sim card into an unlocked iphone. im wondering if i will be billed more than i am now. im just using a minutes and text plan, so would it change by itself so i could access internet.

so basically:
    will anything change if i use an unlocked iphone

The most important thing is that you have to install Boss prefs from installer and turn off EDGE.

Then your phone bill should be as high as usual.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AotW For This Useful Post:

BLAKsteve (2008-04-26)

so i can still make calls and used the internet via wifi, but i just have to make sure that EDGE is off?

by the way, here is the phone i wanted to buy, maybe this is of some importance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220226849292

Quote Originally Posted by BLAKsteve View Post
    so i can still make calls and used the internet via wifi, but i just have to make sure that EDGE is off?

by the way, here is the phone i wanted to buy, maybe this is of some importance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220226849292
    Correct, to avoid high costs make sure the EDGE is turned off via Boss prefs.

Calls and internet over WiFi is still possible.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AotW For This Useful Post:

BLAKsteve (2008-04-26)

ok thanks so far, but i dont think i got something right. do i need wifi to make calls or can i just use the network? im really slow sorry.

also, why are so many "1.1.4 unlocked" iphones on ebay for 99 cents and 15 dollar shipping. am i headed for some scam, im not talking about the make 10 offers and get a free phone ones? im talking about the ones where people are actually selling iphones.

ok thanks so far, but i dont think i got something right. do i need wifi to make calls or can i just use the network? im really slow sorry.

also, why are so many "1.1.4 unlocked" iphones on ebay for 99 cents and 15 dollar shipping. am i headed for some scam, im not talking about the make 10 offers and get a free phone ones? im talking about the ones where people are actually selling iphones.
    For calling you only need your sim inserted, it works with your network carrier.

For internet, Mail, Youtube and Installer related stuff you need your WiFi.

alright, thanks a ton AotW. my ipod touch was stolen a couple days ago and i thought that an iphone would be a better alternative.

alright, thanks a ton AotW. my ipod touch was stolen a couple days ago and i thought that an iphone would be a better alternative.
    It is a better alternative.

Need to know more?

I gladly help you!

what service do you use to make calls with wifi?

Thanks

Hi,I use an iphone 2g just like a netbook. No sim is installed. I have many popular apps and games and its unlocked and jailbroken so its a beautiful thing. Check youtube there are ways to make free calls via wifi but i never tried it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gomer713's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by staasee View Post
    what service do you use to make calls with wifi?
    there's alot Fring, TruPhone, iCall, are some i know of just google it. these are all apps btw.

tried Fring. it says "call failed" i am sooo frustrated with trying this!