Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: An IPSF 1.02 unlocked iPhone, worth to upgrade now?

Default An IPSF 1.02 unlocked iPhone, worth to upgrade now?
    Alrite
    I've got an unlocked 1.02 iphone by having a licence of iphonesimfree, and when 1.1.1 was released, i decided to wait until it was possible to have it unlocked and apps on it. Now i think the time has come, especially with, wot seems to be a very easily activate and install 3rd party apps method from jailbreakme.com, but im just a bit hesitant at the mo, and id like your re-assurance:
    Can i just upgrade my iphone from just going into itunes and clicking on update, and then use the jailbreakme.com method when its updated, then unlock it using iphonesimfree again?
    If true and it doesnt affect the baseband so i wont have an expensive ipod touch after this, id like to just be re-assured and if wot im askin is correct, i'll upgrade and tell of my results on here
    many thanks.

Thanks

Updating should be fine, worst case you have to downgrade, and even thats easy now.

well ive just read that iphone's unlocked with ipsf doesnt need to be virginized or wotever because the baseband isnt modified in a way that it has to be downgraded and etc, so i can just press update and do the steps i stated in my post,
    if anyone was in the same boat as me i'd gladly like to know.