Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting error message in Terminal HELP

Default Getting error message in Terminal HELP
    I'm virginizing my phone and in the 1st step of backing up my seczone in Terminal I am getting this error message

Macintosh-2:~ audiohhh$ ssh -1 root 10.0.1.4
    ssh: Error resolving hostname root: nodename nor servname provided, or not known

cyberduck is connected to this IP and I've been transferring files fine. I don't get this message. sorry.. noob
    Last edited by audiohhh; 2007-10-30 at 03:19 AM. Reason: forgot to include vital info

Quote Originally Posted by audiohhh View Post
    I'm virginizing my phone and in the 1st step of backing up my seczone in Terminal I am getting this error message

ssh: Error resolving hostname root: nodename nor servname provided, or not known

cyberduck is connected to this IP and I've been transferring files fine. I don't get this message. sorry.. noob

SAME PROBLEM! anyone help?
    edit: NVM Copy paste is your friend.
    Last edited by cpelton; 2007-11-02 at 08:57 AM.

Just curious, but are you guys using the new osx Leopard?

I have the same problem and yes I am running the new OSX Leopard. Any ideas on how to get this to work? Working fine in Tiger so I'm assuming 10.5 is the problem...is there any work-arounds?

Quote Originally Posted by audiohhh View Post

If what you typed above is correct you need to change "-1" to "-l" or lowercase L, not the number 1.