Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Uber 1.1.1 unlocking (15 minutes) no down grading Mac or PC!

I've tried these steps with no success so far. I've only been able to get as far as Step 2. I am able to click on install app snap and then the iphone restarts, but the next part never happens. The phone does not ring. I have let it sit for 10 minutes, I have restored the iPhone as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Default worked great
    it worked great... just unlocked 2 phones,only had to do restore once...lol.great job to everyone......

Default question
    i get a message in the installer program... saying there's an update. is it ok to update the installer?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vidal161 View Post
    i get a message in the installer program... saying there's an update. is it ok to update the installer?
    yes

Default i have another question
    why doesnt youtube work on my iphone? i tap on the youtube it say "you must first connect to itunes with an internet connection to enable youtube." Then when i connect the phone to the computer and open up itunes i get an error message saying " We could not complete your itunes store reguest. A secure network connection could not be establish. Make sure SSL 3.0 or TLS 1.0 is enabled in the internet options control panel, the try again." But i already try that and did not work. any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks
    Last edited by vidal161; 2007-11-02 at 11:38 AM.

Im stuck on step 2.
    When in jailbreakme.com homepage and clicking instal appsnapp, my safari wont crash.

I only see a white page with "Untitled" name.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by teomabanta View Post
    Hi..

I got a problem with my phone.

I did all the steps correctly, except for lockdownd - lockdownd.back.... I accidentally deleted the original lockdownd file on usr/libexec and added lockdownd.back. So basically, the folder does not have both lockdownd and lockdownd.back, just lockdownd.back.

Now when I try and start the phone (did it 827329832 times) it's stuck on blackscreen with the apple logo.

iTunes does not recognize the phone when I plug it in... It's been 5 hours I've been trying to fix this.

I tried connecting to the phone again using SSH but it could not find it....

Pleasssssssse

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease help.
    Thanks
    I did the same =/ could anybody please send me by email the original lockdown, cause i`m seeing apple screen but i can connect the WinSCP yet. I guess if I put it again everything gonna be ok. I wanna check it out.
    my email [email protected]

thanksss

Quote Originally Posted by ticalo View Post
    Im stuck on step 2.
    When in jailbreakme.com homepage and clicking instal appsnapp, my safari wont crash.

I only see a white page with "Untitled" name.

Anyone?
    If you see a little blue pixel on the corner of the page then you have already installed AppSnapp and it won't let you install anymore. Restore your phone and try it again.

i followed the guide and everything worked, v1.1.1 activated and unlocked.

the guide does work, might be missing a few details here and there.

some tips on issues i ran into:

- installing the installer.app from safari does take awhile. i was impatient, i thought it froze, but it was downloading, so i exit back to the home screen, launched it again, i even restarted the iphone, but luckily, i think it resumes the download, so it eventually downloaded, and it will pop you back to the home screen as per the guide.

- ssh authetication: root/alpine for v1.1.1, older version is root/dottie.

- backup the lockdownd on the iphone to lockdownd.bak or .back, then move the downloaded lockdownd to the same folder. permission should be the same, just compare the existing lockdownd on the iphone.

- after copying the anySIM to the application folder on your iphone, make sure to change the permission of the directory as the same as the others, also, the anySIM file to have rwx-rwx-rx. Restart iphone to see the application.

- remember to remove anySIM after you're done unlocking, don't want to run it again.

wait for it, download might take up to 5 minutes. if you see the intro page, and able to click install, then it should be downloading. if it does seem like it failed, go back to the home screen and do it again, or even restart your iphone and do it again. i had to do it a few times for the file to completely download.

Quote Originally Posted by peeInMyPantz View Post
    hi...
    is it possible to provide non-rapidshare links?
    why is that? all the links work fine as of today, files aren't that big either.

yes, no problem with updating it.
    Last edited by zippyw8; 2007-11-03 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

why doesnt youtube work on my iphone? i tap on the youtube it say "you must first connect to itunes with an internet connection to enable youtube." Then when i connect the phone to the computer and open up itunes i get an error message saying " We could not complete your itunes store reguest. A secure network connection could not be establish. Make sure SSL 3.0 or TLS 1.0 is enabled in the internet options control panel, the try again." But i already try that and did not work. any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks

SAME HERE CAN ANYBODY HELP ME ON IT>>>>>TILL THEN I DOWNGRADED TO 1.0.2 WITH FIRMWARE THATS FAR AWAY BETTER THAN 1.1.1

Default WinSCP problem ... plz help!!!
    Hi I am having real hard time to connet to my iphone through WinSCP. Please help me out.

I am following all the steps. I have community Sources installed, have BSD and open SSH on iphone (which I bought unlocked from someone, it is new OOB with firmware 1.1.1)

Now I want to install some themes and ringtones and some other customization for which I need to access file sturcture of my iphone through winSCP 4.0.4 but every time I am getting the same error.("NETWOK ERROR: CONNECTION REFUSED"). I am using root and alpine as username and password.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

pendu

EDIT*** NEVERMIND GOT IN
    Last edited by Penduboy; 2007-11-04 at 07:37 AM.

I did this unlock to a fresh phone direct from the the Apple online store in the States, had it shipped here in Dubai... and now it works a treat. thank you to all that spent many hours cracking it :-)

Thanks

Isn't the new *Updated* AppSnapp do all this?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

jonnyraincloud (2007-11-04)

This method works perfect.. Here's a link of this tutorial with pics.. Works flawlessly.. !!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to arjunn7 For This Useful Post:

cmyk328 (2007-11-04)

Is there a way for me to unlock my iphone to use it with more than 1 SIM card? i.e a SIM from the U.S and also a SIM from the U.K?

If not, would I have to restore my iphone and go through all these steps each time i want to use a different SIMcard?

Help!!!... I see so many thumbs up for this im a bit bewildered why i cant get it to work

Im in Singapore, just bought the phone in LA on Thurs. Flew back, and started to try jailbreak.

My phone has the latest firmware, (1.1.1)

I got all the way to the step where Safari Crashes, and i have to wait for it to ring, or just change to the slide to unlock screen.
    I get neither. I have waited for about 30min- 1hr, i have restored the ipod. All the no avail.
    2 concerns, could it be due to a secure WIFI Connection? Although i did manage to get it to work and surf a whole bunch of pages, (including jailbreakme.com)
    the 2nd is after 1 min, the screen goes black. Im assuming its a battery lifesaving thing, and that things work in the background? but sometimes when i press the home/power button to see the screen again, the wifi signal dissappeares, then reappears. Does that affect it.

Is there anyone out there that can offer some help!, ive scouring these and other forums the whole morning with my jetlag...

Cheers!
    V

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

wow you got the same thing as me what do i do? can i let it sleep? or not????

Think im gonna let it run for a while, maybe i have a slow connection, but that tiff file is tiny....ill watch a movie and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by arjunn7 View Post
    This method works perfect.. Here's a link of this tutorial with pics.. Works flawlessly.. !!

Please verify: In "Step 1" -- (first take out your brand new iPhone from the box and put your sim in ur iPhone as shown below)

The "sim" is my own sim from another carrier, not the one that came with the phone, correct?

Thanks for the detailed instructions.

Thanks

Community Source and YouTube are already pre-install via the updated 03/11/2007 Jailbreakme.com

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast