Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Uber 1.1.1 unlocking (15 minutes) no down grading Mac or PC!

so i downloaded the lockdownd file... renamed it lockdownd.back and transfered it and restarted the phone... and it because stuck at the boot up screen.

i also tried a different way... renaming the original lockdownd file thats on the iphone to begin with lockdown.back then transfered lockdownd over w/o renaming the downloaded one and same result.

what am i doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by modbox14 View Post
    so i downloaded the lockdownd file... renamed it lockdownd.back and transfered it and restarted the phone... and it because stuck at the boot up screen.

i also tried a different way... renaming the original lockdownd file thats on the iphone to begin with lockdown.back then transfered lockdownd over w/o renaming the downloaded one and same result.

what am i doing wrong?
    Restore to 1.1.1 and start allover.

Pendu

Quote Originally Posted by modbox14 View Post

what am i doing wrong?
    TO ALL OF YOU WITH ERRORS ! ! ! !

1) If you get stuck in the jailbreakme page with the iPhone not restarting in 2 - 3 seconds (maybe 5), just go back HOME and do it again. I had to do it 4 times before it took, but when it did, it was in 1 sec or so...

2) Regarding the lockdownd renaming, I too got the white apple logo 2 times... because I did it wrong! At this point you MUST restore the iPhone. Hold POWER and HOME for 20 secs. WITH the cable connected and iTunes open. It'll ask you if you want to restore. Do everything all over again and rename as follows:

BE MINDFULL OF MY SPELLING BELOW, IT IS CORRECT!!!

- Dont touch the "lockdownd" file in the iPhone.
    - Download the "lockdownd.zip" file and decompress it.
    - IN YOUR DESKTOP rename it to "lockdown.back" (Yes, without the final "d")
    - Dump it onto the iPhone - it WON'T replace the original on the phone - it's fine.
    - Restart. Voila!

I don't know why this works and I know this is not how the original instructions were written, but what can I say, it's what worked for me!!!

3) anySIM says "anySIM cannot unlock this phone". Well, that happened to me as well (pfss... I got all of the errors didn't I? :-)) But only after I unlocked a first time and restored. After that message I just restarted the iPhone and it was working fine, unlocked!!! So I think the files are already in the iPhone from the first time, but for some reason anySIM gives an error since I can't re-copy them. Anyhow, it's unlocked. I got that message and I've been using it fine for a day now...

Good luck to all!!

Rick.
    Last edited by sirkako; 2007-10-31 at 08:37 PM.

This works great! But why does my iPhone still show as jailed in iNdependence?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i checked the spelling and everything but it still says invallid sim ... well incorrect sim it says "this iphone must be used wiht an approved sim." what does this mean? i use att

installed anysimm got it to say my phone was unlocked but i still gett the invalid sim
    Last edited by pingwhen; 2007-11-01 at 12:39 AM.

I am also getting the error with anySIM.

I followed the instructions to a T and when I try and launch anySIM from the phone it just sits there and then goes back to the main page.

Please help...

Thanks

that just meansyou didnt 0775 everything

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    that just meansyou didnt 0775 everything
    What do you mean by "everything"?

I made sure the anysim folder itself was 0775, what else do I need to do this to?

EDIT: Got it, had to change the whole folder contents of anySIM.app to 0775.

Thanks.
    Last edited by F3nom3ni; 2007-11-01 at 01:03 AM.

Hiya,

At what point do I put in the SIM that I want to use with my iphone (Orange UK)? At the start of this whole process for a new phone or right before I run AnySim?

Cheers!

I put in the sim I wanted to use right before I ran anySIM.

im confused about uploading the files into the Var/root/library/lockdown...

I cant seem to figure out how to access this directory.. what is the command?

i tried cd /VAR/Root/Library/Lockdown

but its saying no such directory... how do i access these directories?

also, how do i upload files with putty? thanks...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Damn it
    Hi GUys

I am going to try this tonight - little prob.

Here in crap Aus, I've passed by download limit so now I'm throttled down to 64k speed :-(

Is this still possible? ie: May take longer, granted, but won't stuff anything up?

Thanks.

ps. Damn it again!

Quote Originally Posted by lhoosh View Post
    im confused about uploading the files into the Var/root/library/lockdown...

I cant seem to figure out how to access this directory.. what is the command?

i tried cd /VAR/Root/Library/Lockdown

but its saying no such directory... how do i access these directories?

also, how do i upload files with putty? thanks...
    Dont use putty, use WINSCP(sp) it gives you a really nice GUI to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobzking View Post
    Maybe this method is already known here, but here is how to take a brand new 1.1.1 iPhone right out of the box and unlock it without ever physically connecting it to your Mac or PC. NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

Power on the iPhone
    Emergency call *3001#12345#*
    Check your version is 04.** (1.1.1) if it is proceed.

1st step (add contact to access settings):
    emergency call *#307# (hit dial)
    your phone will ring. while ringing use the "<x" button to delete the numbers you entered (#307#) then dial the number 0 and hit call. your phone will ring again, hit Accept, then hit Hold, then hit Decline. You now have access to the keypad and you can enter contacts. Enter (+) a new contact. Give it first name A hit save, now assign a URL to contact A. Where it says url you will enter prefs://1F now save, and save at the next screen. Now you will be looking at A's contact info, click the URL you created and it will take you to the settings page; disable autolock and join your WiFi network. Hit home to take you back to the main screen ("please activate...")

2nd step (add another contact to access AppSnapp):
    Emergency call, dial number 0 hit call, your phone will ring again, hit Accept, then hit Hold, then hit Decline. You now have access to the keypad and you can enter a 2nd contact. Enter (+) a new contact. Give it first name Z hit save, now assign a URL to contact Z. Where it says url you will enter http://jailbreakme.com now save, and save at the next screen. Now you will be looking at Z's contact info, click the URL you created and it will take you to the jailbreakme web site. scroll to the bottom and "install app snap" Safari will crash after a second or two, let the phone sit at the home screen for about 30 seconds, it will suddenly ring. Answer it and after a second or so, the phone will lock up. Power it down, restart and TahDah!

3rd step (Activate iPhone and activate YouTube)
    Open Installer, install Comunity Sources, then BSD, then Open SSH. After SSH your phone will reboot, find your IP address (settings, wifi, click the blue arrow next to your wifi connection). Now that you have SSH installed and your IP address, just log in to your iPhone with whatever program you like (I use Transmit for Mac, but there's putty, WinSCP, Fugu, CyberDuck... a ton of SSH for Mac and PC both). Now you will need to go to VAR/Root/Library/Lockdown and replace the three files inside with the files found here:
    http://www.rapidshare.com/files/5846...utube.zip.html

then go back to USR/Libexec and move this lockdown file into Libexec:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/63822007/lockdownd.zip

(after DLing you need to add .back to the end of lockdown (lockdown.back) Restart and now your phone is activated (you have to connect the phone to iTunes to activate YouTube, just plug in your phone and once iTunes sees it, YouTube will work).

step 4 (unlocking) SSH AnySim 1.1.1 in to "Applications" on your iPhone, restart the phone, launch AnySim, follow the directions and now you have a full functional unlocked iPhone (I can do it start to finish in 15 minutes or less)

can someone plz halp me? im stock in step 3 where it says i have replace some files and to go to var/root/library/lockdown... where is that? can some help with the last steps

im on step 3 and i am lost. i downloaded a program called Winscp but have know clue how to use it or what to do! can someone plz help?

im on step 3 and i am lost. i downloaded a program called Winscp but have know clue how to use it or what to do! can someone plz help?
    Last edited by vidal161; 2007-11-01 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how do i "0755" anysim? I have no idea how to do this. thanks

Thanks

i had a lockdown folder you should to :-/ did you do everything? did jailbreakme.com work properly? did you dl the 3 things from installer???
    can someone help me out as to why it still says incorrect sim?
    Last edited by pingwhen; 2007-11-01 at 03:01 PM.

hi...
    is it possible to provide non-rapidshare links?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lhoosh View Post
    how do i "0755" anysim? I have no idea how to do this. thanks
    in winscp ( you should use that ) right highlight everything file in anysim and right click, properties, then at the bottom just type in 0775

also my computer acutlly notices the phone in itunes it restored it and eveyhting i have all my contacts and what not .... but i stilll cant use my sim why!!!!???? it even says my number on itunes help please

(BTW: i was reading what is the virginizer pack?) (did we have to use this?)

any sugguestions at all :-/
    Last edited by pingwhen; 2007-11-01 at 06:39 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If anyone is having ANY problems, please completely restore your iphone. And go to my thread. It is a revised version of this one, with all the complete little steps you need.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13748
    If you dont know how to restore your phone cause its frozen at loading screen. Basically press and hold both the "Power" and "Home" button on the iphone, and hold it till it recognizes its in Restore mode. Make sure its plugged into your computer. iTunes should then recognize it, and just restore your iphone.

Default help
    after you install bsd where is the Open SSH?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast