Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Uber 1.1.1 unlocking (15 minutes) no down grading Mac or PC!

3 questions.

Does this process Jailbreak Iphone v1.1.1?

Where can we download anySIM v1.1.1?

What are the cmd to SSH anySIM v1.1.1 (or how to install anySIM v1.1.1)?

Please help! (thanks!)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkako View Post
    Sorry to be a pain, but I need further clarification, I guess...

When I download the lockdownd.zip file I throw it into USR/Libexec and it overwrites the original lockdownd file in there, THEN I re-name it to lockdown.back, but when I restart the phone hangs in the start-up apple logo and re-boots forever. I then have to restore and start all over.

So, couple of questions:

1) Did I do it right as above?

2) Should I rename lockdownd (notice the final D) to lockdownd.back OR lockdown.back (without the final D)

3) Should I rename it after droping it onto USR/Libexec so the original lockdownd file gets overwriten OR prior to droping it onto USR/Libexec so the original lockdownd file stays there as well.

Hey! Thanks a lot for this guide! Awesome work!!

Rick.
    Yes, I aksed about the same thing earlier...

I got it to work by adding ".back" to the EXISTING "lockdownd" file that is already on the phone, and copying the NEW "lockdownd" across to the phone. At that point, there is "lockdownd.back" and "lockdownd" on the phone in the usr/libexec directory.

And yes, it's not "lockdown" it's "lockdownd" with a "d" at the end.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by dtkool View Post
    3 questions.

Does this process Jailbreak Iphone v1.1.1?

Where can we download anySIM v1.1.1?

What are the cmd to SSH anySIM v1.1.1 (or how to install anySIM v1.1.1)?

Please help! (thanks!)
    Yes, it does Jailbreak a 1.1.1 firmware phone.

It's actually anySIM 1.1 (not 1.1.1) and it is here:

http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/anysim11.html

Just use an ftp client to copy anySIM over to the phone just like you do the other files...put into applications folder.
    Last edited by digitalintrigue; 2007-10-30 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

this one saved me. Installed the latest installer and it killed my iPhone. Since I really need my phone, I started this process at 3 in the morning and it took me longer than 15, but I blame that on the sandman! Thank you for this quick and simpe tutorial!!!

is there any way to make the BSD Subsystem download faster? for me it takes 10-15 minutes just to download that... anything else downloads blazing fast and I don't think it's my net connection. Any ideas?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

jailbreakme.com will not load on my phone why? and suggestions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miknow View Post
    GRR.... I am stcuk on the last step. After I install anySim and reboot. I click on anySim and it hangs then nothing goes back to main screen.

Same here...AnySIM opens, and when I go to 'Slide to unlock', there's no sliding. It hangs up for a minute or so then goes back to the Home screen. Ideas??? Please?? I had it unlocked and working fine on 1.0.2 and fiqured I would go ahead and upgrade since it seemed 'fool proof' LOL.
    Thanks!

Hello guys.

im having a little problem.

I went through the process...

jailbreakme.com
    installed community sources, bsd subsystem, and open ssh
    uploaded the 3 files for youtube fix, permission set to 0755
    uploaded lockdownd and lockdownd.back, permission set to 0755
    restarted phone
    uploaded anysim 1.1
    restarted phone
    insert new sim and ran anysim.

There is an icon that pops up and says "Incorrect Sim" could anybody give any advice?

Thank you!

For anySIMv1.1 could you also Install from PXL file on iBrickr and run it from there?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x0bry7x View Post
    For anySIMv1.1 could you also Install from PXL file on iBrickr and run it from there?
    How can you run anything on iBrickr? Doesn't it only work on 1.0.2?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    can we make this s sticky already?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalintrigue View Post
    Yes, I aksed about the same thing earlier...

I got it to work by adding ".back" to the EXISTING "lockdownd" file that is already on the phone, and copying the NEW "lockdownd" across to the phone. At that point, there is "lockdownd.back" and "lockdownd" on the phone in the usr/libexec directory.

And yes, it's not "lockdown" it's "lockdownd" with a "d" at the end.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks. I actually got it working by renaming previous to dumping in iPhone and leaving the original there. I used lockdown.back sans D

Go figure, but I works now..

Rick.

i can't install the appsnapp i refreshed the page several times but there is no any install button or link.. help

I did the process above and everything was fine, I only got problem to connect it by SFTP (Cyberduck with this message: Unexpected end of sftp stream) so I tried to plug it with Independece to try to upload the files from there and Independece is telling that my iPhone is already Activated but still Jailed.

I tried to put files is iPhone many and many times, but Still geting those messages.

What can I do ? Please Help me... These iPhone is not mine (from my boss) and here in Brazil (where I live) is almost impossible to buy a new one and really expensive. Any help ?

Best regards
    Bruno Alecrim
    Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by brunoalec View Post
    I did the process above and everything was fine, I only got problem to connect it by SFTP (Cyberduck with this message: Unexpected end of sftp stream) so I tried to plug it with Independece to try to upload the files from there and Independece is telling that my iPhone is already Activated but still Jailed.

I tried to put files is iPhone many and many times, but Still geting those messages.

What can I do ? Please Help me... These iPhone is not mine (from my boss) and here in Brazil (where I live) is almost impossible to buy a new one and really expensive. Any help ?

Best regards
    Bruno Alecrim
    Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
    Man send your resignation otherwise you will be fired Just joking.

Please follow the instructions, you must be missing some steps. Could you try Transmit or WinSCP, Putty etc.

Pendu

Quote Originally Posted by Miknow View Post
    GRR.... I am stcuk on the last step. After I install anySim and reboot. I click on anySim and it hangs then nothing goes back to main screen.
    You guys have to edit the anysim file, f9 properties and then put 0755 using USING WINSCP

Also,

Anysim said: "AnySIM cannot unlock this phone. AnySIM will now Quit"

Any ideas why???????????
    Last edited by curnaco; 2007-10-31 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following User Says Thank You to curnaco For This Useful Post:

ysqmy (2007-11-01)

HELP!!

I'm trying to connect to the phone with cyberduck and when I put in the IP and the username root and password dottie it said "permission denied" How do I log into the phone so that I can put the needed files in it???

Do you think you can tell us how to put the files into the directories using Putty?

Quote Originally Posted by ogm692 View Post
    HELP!!

I'm trying to connect to the phone with cyberduck and when I put in the IP and the username root and password dottie it said "permission denied" How do I log into the phone so that I can put the needed files in it???
    the password is alpine

20. The Following User Says Thank You to re-volt For This Useful Post:

ogm692 (2007-10-31)

Question, how did you log into your phone? I can't seem to be able to use SSH so that I can send the files to the Iphone. Is there a specific suer name and password I need to use?

Thanks!

i didnt get there yet. the jailbreakme is not working for me i dont know why..!!! i cant find a link or install button..

the username is root and the password is alpine
    i guess you need to make sure the protocol is SFTP.

good luck.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to re-volt For This Useful Post:

ogm692 (2007-10-31)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast