Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anysim Vs IPSF

Default Anysim Vs IPSF
    new to this site, so sorry if this has been asked before. I bought a new Iphone with version 1.1.1 installed and managed to unlock and activate it using this tutorial
    http://www.hacktheiphone.com/111/iph...1_windows.html which uses Anysim

Very thing works fine and I am using a o2 uk sim.

But now I'm worried that the baseband has only been patched and if I want to upgrade to a new firmware when it comes out I will end up bricking my phone. Should I revirginize it and use IPSF as they offer free software updates?

Thanks

anySIM-1.1p is the best!

Nevertheless, it's upon the Apple developers to patched the new firmware, and neither IPSF or anySIM can work!

Thanks for you reply. So are you saying i should just stick with what I have?
    If was to buy IPSF and try to install it on my unlocked phone, would it work? Is it even worth doing?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulboy View Post
    Thanks for you reply. So are you saying i should just stick with what I have?
    If was to buy IPSF and try to install it on my unlocked phone, would it work? Is it even worth doing?
    If you bought an IPSF license, and ran Simfree 1.6, you'd simply get a message that the phone is already unlocked. You'd have to flash the original baseband back to the phone before you did the Simfree unlock. AnySIM patches the baseband, Simfree doesn't, and it lasts through an upgrade (at least it did going from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1.

they have IPSF1.7 now and it's saying you don't need to downgrade your firmware.
    Also if i already started out with 1.1.1 and am on this now, how do I flash the baseband? Is this the same a virginizing it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulboy View Post
    they have IPSF1.7 now and it's saying you don't need to downgrade your firmware.
    Also if i already started out with 1.1.1 and am on this now, how do I flash the baseband? Is this the same a virginizing it?
    Firmware version and baseband versions are different. If you have 1.1.1 its true you don't have to downgrade to 1.0.2 BUT since you've already modified your 1.1.1 baseband, you have to flash it back to the original 1.1.1 baseband to let Simfree notice the phone as locked.

You have to extract the original .fls and .eep baseband files from the Restore image, copy them to your /bin directory and then run the command: bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep

There are several threads to guide you how to do this.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-10-29 at 04:47 PM.

ok thanks for you help

I would like to know if after I have unlocked my iphone using the virginize->activate->unlock method in this site (anysim) and I decided to "restore" my iphone using the restore function in itunes, will this make my iphone 1.1.1 (without the downgraded baseband)? If so, can I then use IPSF to unlock the iphone afterwards?

Simfree said on their site that if u already have 1.0.2 unlock with simfree you can update to 1.1.1 and dont have
    to unlock it again.is this true i read it on unlockcelluar.com so what do i have to do after updating it juz activate it snd good to go?hmm thats kinda to good and easy to be true