Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Many Times can one iphone be unlocked?

Default How Many Times can one iphone be unlocked?
    I have an unlocked 1.0.2 iphone (new and unlock it myself).

I have attempted to virginize and update to 1.1.1 but failed at Jailbreak and Activation stage with Independence 1.2.5. Restored to 1.0.2 (unlocked using anysim).

Tried again to 1.1.1, virginize ... and failed at the same place.

Now restored and unlocked again at 1.0.2. So in a sense I have done 3 unlocked at 1.0.2. Wonder if I should still try to update to 1.1.1 using Independence 1.2.3 because people have success in jailbreaking that have similar problem like me.

However if not successful, have to go back down to 1.0.2 and unlocked again? Is there limit for unlocking?

nope...keep trying...
    thomas edisson failed 1000 times before he got it right...
    hopefully it doesent take you that long but keep trying...
    it will happen sooner or later for you...

Quote Originally Posted by canadianiphone View Post
    nope...keep trying...
    thomas edisson failed 1000 times before he got it right...
    hopefully it doesent take you that long but keep trying...
    it will happen sooner or later for you...
    I have problem after unlocking for three times. initially ver. 1.0.1 - unlocked for 2 times with success. Then upgraded to ver.1.0.2 and tried to unlcoked it (still using aySim 1.01, but now it says Unlocked Failed - Couldn't loate bytes to patch. Then I tried downgraed to 1.0.1 and unlocked it - same Failed. I have since tried seveal times and still get the same Unlocked Failed...

What can I do?

i've done 20 unlock on my phone due to continous jailbreaking error and other causes and haven't found any problem up until now.