Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Vs Iliberty+ Whats The Overall Best

Default Pwnage Vs Iliberty+ Whats The Overall Best
    PWNAGE VS ILIBERTY+ WHATS THE OVERALL BEST

I mean i have read a lot of places and everyone agrees that pwnage is the best. I seems fairly simple, i have the bootloaders and i know how to get the .ipsw file. I hope the bootloaders i have a correct i got them from iclairified.

Liberty seems easy to use, i dont understand all the payloads and utilities stuff. But i have been studying pwnage, and i have not given liberty much thought.

My iphone is on its way straight from the apple store, and i have to unlock the iphone with no problems as its going to be the only phone i will have at the time.

I want to be able to use wifi and the web and you tube and have the installer app!

SO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

Thank you

SMK,

I tried pwnage but I must have been doing something wrong so I went over to try the iLiberty which was so simple even I couldn't mess it up. I think a newbie like me who is not very technical prefers (even after a few attempts at being clever) likes to be able to click a 'do-it-all' button and hope for the best!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I figure pwnage is best however the newest version is only in beta at this moment in time and unless your a developer I wouldn't touch it!

When it is finally released it will be set to handle the iphone 2.0 beta firmware which I am egerly waiting to unlock!

I recently used ziphone which is also we buns to use,

Plug phone in hit unlcok button wait 5 minutes

Hey presto it's done

Pwnage (on mac) is the safest option. It does require a higher level of operational agility, since you have to locate a couple of .bin files and an ipsw file but it gives a rock-solid result. My iphone, now on Orange, even runs the BBC iplayer perfectly....

can I build the fireware in imac and restore in pc?

Thanks

derick: yes you can build the "firmware" in os x and restore on windows as long as its pwned (winpwn or pwnage)

Pwnage worked like a charm for me like iLiberty did.

Best thing in Pwned tool is that you can build your very own IPSW from which you can restore via iTunes and when it finishes the restore everything is ready to go.

My fav: Pwned!
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AotW For This Useful Post:

slade (2008-04-24)

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

since pwnage is not out for windows i used iliberty , would use pwnage if it was out

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have try every single program to fix this wifi issue and nothing I think one the baseband is bad is nothing you can do to fix it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jibaro3 View Post
    I have try every single program to fix this wifi issue and nothing I think one the baseband is bad is nothing you can do to fix it.
    wrong...very wrong...lol

Can't find a manual for Pwnage... so please help me out! I've got the Pwnage Tool allwright but what then...?

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NalleiPhone View Post
    Can't find a manual for Pwnage... so please help me out! I've got the Pwnage Tool allwright but what then...?
    http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...e_Guide_PWN_It

Read it all first and then download the .bin files and the 1.1.4 ipsw file aswell. I recommend downloading these with firefox.

good luck!
    *T*Mo**

do you know if there is a guide like this for the windows version of pwnage? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yuice20 View Post
    do you know if there is a guide like this for the windows version of pwnage? thanks
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=957

thank you so much.