Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trouble activating 1.1.4

Default Trouble activating 1.1.4
    My phone was 1.1.2 OTB with 3.9 bootloader. I activated and jailbroke it using ZiPhone.

I've since restored and updated to 1.1.4. I have tried using iLibertyX to jailbreak and activate it but when I check the options and click to "Free my 8GB iPhone!" the program quits itself.

I have tried using ZiPhone to jailbreak and activate it and the process runs but when it is finished it is still not activated.

Anyone know what's going wrong? What should I do?

Well I tried using PwnageTool and didn't unlock it and I can't make calls. This was not a problem when I used ZiPhone, I am on the O2 network so I shouldn't need to unlock it should I? Do I need to pwn it again or what?

Re-did it using an unlocked .ipsw made with PwnageTool. Working now it seems.
    Last edited by Anjow; 2008-04-20 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

what version of ziphone are you using ???

I took mine from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 today using iLiberty+. Absolutely faultless.

I did read that starting with an iTunes restore, then upgrade to 1.1.4. before using iLiberty+ is the best way forward. It certainly went smoothly for me.

Me too

what about from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 ? just upgrade on itunes and use ilbertyx?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

remember that if you're using an iphone supported network in supported country, such as AT&T in the US, when using pwnage, uncheck the activate checkbox and once you've restored to the custom firmware, activate the phone via iTunes and it'll work. otherwise, you can unlock the phone, although not a necessary step, and that will enable your phone to work as well