Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlock 1.1.2 oob

Default unlock 1.1.2 oob
    I have a 1.1.2 oob, jailbroken and using Stealth Sim to unlock, since Jan 08.

is there a software unlock now? because i have problems with 'No SIM' at times, with the stealth sim.

can someone advise me the easiest way to unlock my 1.1.2 oob now? is there a software unlock in which i do not have to downgrade and jailbroken again since all has been done.

pls help

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

yes, there are plenty. you should probably uprgrade (restore in iTunes) to 1.1.4. I like it much better, but this is just a personal preference. I ran a poll a while ago and people seem to think pwnagetool(winpwn or macpwn) is the safest unlocking method. There is no bootloader downgrade. There is also iLibertyX, and Ziphone(this one does do a bootloader downgrade.)

your best bet is to restore in iTunes to factory state. Then upgrade to 1.1.4. Then use pwnagetool, this is the latest and (in my opinion) greatest unlocking/jailbreaking method.

note: if you want to do a software unlock you WILL have to wipe (restore) your device and "Set up as a New phone", even if you don't want to upgrade. Loading a backup profile causes many problems - don't do it.

don't worry though, you no longer have to go through the downgrading, oktoprep, command line mess. The new stuff is all GUI, one or two click interface. Takes about 5-10 minutes to jailbreak/unlock.
    Last edited by desepticon; 2008-04-17 at 11:27 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Thanks

Hello i have same problem but a little confuesd were you say restore to factory state .Then upgrade to 1.1.4 Should i download 1.1.2. firmware then use the shift ctrl method to load the 1.1.2 firmware then use the upgrade button in i tunes and let i tunes upgrade to 1.1.4 and then use ziphone. I really don't care about what stuff i have all ready on my phone.Or just download 1.1.4 firmware and use the restore method and then ziphone?? Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Plug into iTunes and hit the RESTORE button. This will bring your phone up to 1.1.4 and then you can use any unlock/jailbreak method of choice. i prefer iLiberty at the moment but Ziphone is reliable.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

gimpymoses (2008-04-18)

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

yes. just restore in itunes with whatever firmware you have, then upgrade to 1.1.4. You could also just download the 1.1.4 firmware first and then restore. It really doesn't matter as long as you have a "restored" device when you do your jailbreaking/unlocking method. Make sure to "set up as a NEW phone" though. That part is pretty important.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to desepticon For This Useful Post:

gimpymoses (2008-04-18)

is pwnagetool available for Windows? if not, what is the safe method?

as mentioned, i am running 1.1.2 with Stealth Sim, so i just

- connect to itunes, upgrade to 1.1.4...then
    -run pwnagetool (if there is a windows version)?

thats it?

do i need to delete or erase any things inside the phone before i upgrade to 1.1.4?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

if u don't wanna upgrade like I don't, (still on 112) jus open installer with wifi and ur sim out, download bootneuter and tell it to unlock. or use iLiberty to only unlock or iclarified gunlock script like I did. unless u wanna upgrade.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    if u don't wanna upgrade like I don't, (still on 112) jus open installer with wifi and ur sim out, download bootneuter and tell it to unlock. or use iLiberty to only unlock or iclarified gunlock script like I did. unless u wanna upgrade.
    Thanks dude! ui dont mind staying with 1.1.2, so may i know under which part of installer i can find bootneuter?

What is the Source for bootneuter?

Oh ****! I use bootloader, Neuter the phone, but was told 'baseband flash failed' Error -2560.

Now i cant even call using my stealthsim.

HELP!!
    Last edited by jimlee; 2008-05-08 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

restore,to 1.1.4 though,and then use Ziphone,iPLus,iLiberty+....

Default unlock 1.1.2 oob
    I have a 1.1.2 oob, jailbroken and using Stealth Sim to unlock, since Jan 08.

is there a software unlock now? because i have problems with 'No SIM' at times, with the stealth sim.

can someone advise me the easiest way to unlock my 1.1.2 oob now? is there a software unlock in which i do not have to downgrade and jailbroken again since all has been done.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

take the stealth sim out and try again to make a phone call? it might be unlocked. or to run the gunlock script from installer under installer.iclarified.com

i have upgraded to 114 and unlocked successfully using instructions using clarified.

But my Installer is missing. How?

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

jimlee,HOW can it be missing? Step by step what you did to your iPhone please...

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    jimlee,HOW can it be missing? Step by step what you did to your iPhone please...
    i follow this steps :http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=957

word for word

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

lol, winpwn has a weird glitch, where have to actually select it from the packages as one to be installed. winpwn does not install it by default. recreate a new ipsw file using winpwn and make sure to add it in the apps section as an app to be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    lol, winpwn has a weird glitch, where have to actually select it from the packages as one to be installed. winpwn does not install it by default. recreate a new ipsw file using winpwn and make sure to add it in the apps section as an app to be installed.
    Oh i see, So i just add installer when i create the ipsw file?
    Under which category or source can i find installer?

any other inportant files i must add:?

By the way, i got problems downloading the winpwn from Rapidshare(i deleted mine after i created the ipsw ). Do you have any other source

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

jus google winpwn and get it straight off his site.

you can select "all catagories" and jus find installer3.1 in the list. might as well add a few other important apps like bosstool to move fonts, bossprefs to kinda hide ur unwanted icons in the bossprefs dock. customize or summerboard to add some fun stuff. then jus do the rest from installer.