Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: so close I can taste it :(

Default so close I can taste it :(
    Plain an simple. I followed the directions to downgrade my phone, once done, it was jailbroken, and the activated. Now the problem is, when I run the unlocking program. It says it's all finshed, I go to put my rogers(canada) SIM card in. I turn the phone off, then back on and it says I need an authorized SIM card, although the phone recognizes the rigers Edge network. Anyone else run into this problem? Please help, I don't want a $400 paper weight! Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ksmith View Post
    Plain an simple. I followed the directions to downgrade my phone, once done, it was jailbroken, and the activated. Now the problem is, when I run the unlocking program. It says it's all finshed, I go to put my rogers(canada) SIM card in. I turn the phone off, then back on and it says I need an authorized SIM card, although the phone recognizes the rigers Edge network. Anyone else run into this problem? Please help, I don't want a $400 paper weight! Thanks!
    after you jailbreak and activated, did you also downgrade your fw to 3.1?
    before you run the unlocking program? need to check your baseband fw.. go to settings --->general ---> about then look for modem firmware. If you have the 4.1 you might need to downgrade it. hope this help.

I never had that problem, but I downgrade my phone like 5x now and each time worked =)

If still no solution, might have to restore again I hope you get it to work soon