Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: erica's unlock.app 1.02

Default erica's unlock.app 1.02
    hi i have been searching the forums but could not find an answer.
    1. does anyone know the difference between erica's unlock.app and anysim's unlocking method?
    2. for those that used erica's unlock.app following modmyi's guide, anyone know if we are required to deviriginize the iphone with either the elite team's method or the upcoming dev team's method before upgrading to 1.1.1 and using anysim 1.1.1?

I am in the same boat - unable to get real answers anywhere.

this is what i got so far....
    http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12590
    im sure a lot of us has used the mac osx guide on modmyi...but nobody has been able to answer

[18:04] <DaRkSkY^_^> when the revirginizer comes out, does anyone know if it work with those that unlocked their 1.02 iphones with erica's unlock.app too?
    [18:04] <@sunnyDlite> yeah dark
    [18:04] <DaRkSkY^_^> thanks sunny
    [18:05] <daurnimator> it does AFAIK
    [18:05] <@sunnyDlite> all the unlock apps are same except ipsf
    Last edited by krazeazn; 2007-10-24 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Correction...its Erica's unlock guide..not Erica's unlock app.

The application is iUnlock, developed by the very same iPhone Dev Team that is utilized...and it is exactly the same as anySIM (without the GUI).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gmckay For This Useful Post:

krazeazn (2007-10-24)

Quote Originally Posted by gmckay View Post
    Correction...its Erica's unlock guide..not Erica's unlock app.

The application is iUnlock, developed by the very same iPhone Dev Team that is utilized...and it is exactly the same as anySIM (without the GUI).
    thanks for the clarification!

Thanks

mmmmmmmmm...well iam just going to keep my fingers quite on this one..but hahaha all unlock app are not the same some do seckzone patches some mess with the eeps and some flash the entire .fls but all require virgin to upgrade..except ipsf

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jedinight For This Useful Post:

krazeazn (2007-10-24)

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    mmmmmmmmm...well iam just going to keep my fingers quite on this one..but hahaha all unlock app are not the same some do seckzone patches some mess with the eeps and some flash the entire .fls but all require virgin to upgrade..except ipsf
    cool, my main question was really if those that used the unlock.app require the virgin upgrade...thanks a lot!

Default Confused
    Hi everybody,

I'm pretty much a noob so please don`t be mean

I have a 1.0.2 unlocked Iphone I purchased on ebay. Using Squid and browsing the applications folder I've found a Unlock.app file. I'm very confused about the anysim and IPSF unlocking methods, and when (or not) it is required to virginize the phone prior to upgrading to 1.1.1

Having this Unlock.app means I have to virginize? Could anyone please tell me how to proceed? I really need to move forward to FW; 1.1.1, as I need the "" character (I'm from Spain).

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mattlocked View Post
    Hi everybody,

I'm pretty much a noob so please don`t be mean

I have a 1.0.2 unlocked Iphone I purchased on ebay. Using Squid and browsing the applications folder I've found a Unlock.app file. I'm very confused about the anysim and IPSF unlocking methods, and when (or not) it is required to virginize the phone prior to upgrading to 1.1.1

Having this Unlock.app means I have to virginize? Could anyone please tell me how to proceed? I really need to move forward to FW; 1.1.1, as I need the "" character (I'm from Spain).

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
    Go here www.iphone.unlock.no you will find all the things you need, take a time, read carrefuly.
    1. Revirgin your phone (using the Virginizer 03.x tool in there, remember chose 03.x version)
    2. Restore your phone with FW1.1.1
    3. Jailbreak and unlock your phone.
    4. Enjoy the new phone.