Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help a Newbie Out !

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Help a Newbie Out !
    Well guys I have tried to read though allot here and it is not much clearer then when I started Hehe.

I have a brand new in the box 16 Gig Iphone. Can this newer phoned be unlocked to use with my provider ?

I have not even plugged it into a PC yet as I did not know if I should in case it locks more or downloads stuff it should not. When I power the phone up, it has a picture of the Itunes Logo and a picture of the usb cable and at the bottom says slide for emergency call. Where do I go from here.

Is there a newbie guide to do this ? Is it farely easy ?

Put yr fone into DFU mode, conect to itune, restore to 1.1.4 firwamre (by hold shift and click on restore). After done, close itune, itune helper and then dowload iplus2.0, extract to desktop and open cmd, then run iplus -u
    You're done, you get 1.1.4 unlock with 04.05_G, put yr simcard and hola, have fun.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply seems easy enough, is this the file you are talking about iPlus 2.0b Jailbreak + Activate + Unlock Version ( (21.29 MB) ?

I am with Rogers in Canada do I need to do anything to my Sim at all or just put it in and change from my blackberry ?

Do I have to use a specific version of Itunes now in order not to upgrade or how do I watch for that ?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

No it will work

any itune version will work fine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    No it will work
    I thought I read some where I had to cut or trim the card to get it to fit ?

no need, just put yr sim in and enjoy

Thanks

Great guys thanks for the help I will give it a go this weekend. What do I have to watch for in order not to have my firmware upgraded by Apple and the phone relocked ?

Also was this the correct file you mentioned ?

iPlus 2.0b Jailbreak + Activate + Unlock Version ( (21.29 MB)

Just wanted to say thanks allot guys I performed the unlock last night and modified things with Rogers and all is working great now, I really appreciate the help, this place is great !
    Last edited by bigmoss; 2008-04-16 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost