Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BootNeuter, is it put 3.9 to 4.6 ??

Default BootNeuter, is it put 3.9 to 4.6 ??
    I have read some of these but is it true? is it possible now with BootNeuter? i meant 3.9 original or dowgraded by Ziphone, not fake though. Please confirm this if you had done. Thanks alot.

if anyone had done, plzz show me how to put BootNeuter to iphone, i dont have mac so cant use pwn. Thanks
    Last edited by helpmetomod; 2008-04-15 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

There is no reason to change your bootloader from 3.9 back up to 4.6 with bootneuter. Do some more reading about what this actually is and the purpose it serves.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

you don't have a mac so you can't use PWNAGE tool therefore no bootneuter for you tonight, go buy yourself a Mac and then we will think about it.

**BTW: what the hell is "is it put 3.9 to 4.6" ???
    Last edited by aemreunal; 2008-04-15 at 06:48 PM.
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3

Hey aemreunal,

When we talk about 3.9 and 4.6, it means 3.9 bootloader or 4.6 bootloader, dont you have iphone? Also, i think it can be done without pwn, so wait i will try and let you know, oki?

The reason i want to go back 4.6 because in case fone has problem i can return to apple.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aemreunal View Post
    you don't have a mac so you can't use PWNAGE tool therefore no bootneuter for you tonight, go buy yourself a Mac and then we will think about it.

**BTW: what the hell is "is it put 3.9 to 4.6" ???
    Why are you being so hard on the OP? Do you know for sure if English is his native language?

Your writing skills don't seem so sharp, either.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by helpmetomod View Post
    Hey aemreunal,

When we talk about 3.9 and 4.6, it means 3.9 bootloader or 4.6 bootloader, dont you have iphone? Also, i think it can be done without pwn, so wait i will try and let you know, oki?

The reason i want to go back 4.6 because in case fone has problem i can return to apple.
    I was being sarcastic in case you didn't notice

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    Why are you being so hard on the OP? Do you know for sure if English is his native language?

Your writing skills don't seem so sharp, either.
    But they are, don't worry.
    Last edited by aemreunal; 2008-04-15 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3

Hey,
    I tried it and it has no problem at all, i am running 1.1.4 unlock with 4.6fake (from 3.9). If anyone wants to try, go on because i have done this.

Just install CFW with bootneuter and upgrade to 4.6, afterwards refurbish your phone and it'll be just like it came OTB.

How to refubish?

actually i think you can use the 3.9 to 4.6 upgrade tool in iliberty (advanced > payloads available on Repo > check "Upgrade bootloader from 3.9FB to 4.6 stock") to bring the bootloader back to 4.6 then you can restore. i think this will also bring it back to otb.

Quote Originally Posted by foureight84 View Post
    actually i think you can use the 3.9 to 4.6 upgrade tool in iliberty (advanced > payloads available on Repo > check "Upgrade bootloader from 3.9FB to 4.6 stock") to bring the bootloader back to 4.6 then you can restore. i think this will also bring it back to otb.
    Didn't you read what you wrote? "Upgrade bootloader from 3.9FB to 4.6 stock" To upgrade 3.9 to 4.6 you need to use BootNeuter.

Quote Originally Posted by maly00 View Post
    Didn't you read what you wrote? "Upgrade bootloader from 3.9FB to 4.6 stock" To upgrade 3.9 to 4.6 you need to use BootNeuter.

iLiberty Has that tool. I'm serious. here's a screenshot of my iliberty+. Btw, i used it the other day and it works. Also, what i wrote was for him to get it back to otb. You can't use 4.6 with out BootNeuter. I read the thread wrong since I saw luckyownz92's thread about bringing it back to otb. I assumed we were talking about bringing the bootloader back to 4.6 for returning it to the store.

Last edited by foureight84; 2008-04-16 at 06:24 PM.