Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I really need some help...

Default I really need some help...
    okay so friday i purchased a 4gb iphone 1.1.4 off of craigslist and everything was working fine on it (wi-fi, internet, text etc)....then i used ziphone 3.0 to unlock it. Since i used it, the t-mobile sim works but the only thing that works is phone calls and texting....no wifi and no internet (i think the internet isnt working because i have a sidekick unlimited plan and supposedly the data only works on danger devices). So i restored it and tried it again....nothing. Then i downloaded iliberty+ and unlocked it with that....still the same problem. So in all ive unlocked and locked the phone using ziphone about 4 times and unlocked and locked the phone using iliberty+ about 3 times....i really just want to unlock the phone and use the 3rd party apps youtube and the internet....im just completely stuck and have no idea what to do...if anyone can help me id be willing to donate some money to your paypal account im just out of options....

Quote Originally Posted by alifeofwinter View Post
    okay so friday i purchased a 4gb iphone 1.1.4 off of craigslist and everything was working fine on it (wi-fi, internet, text etc)....then i used ziphone 3.0 to unlock it. Since i used it, the t-mobile sim works but the only thing that works is phone calls and texting....no wifi and no internet (i think the internet isnt working because i have a sidekick unlimited plan and supposedly the data only works on danger devices). So i restored it and tried it again....nothing. Then i downloaded iliberty+ and unlocked it with that....still the same problem. So in all ive unlocked and locked the phone using ziphone about 4 times and unlocked and locked the phone using iliberty+ about 3 times....i really just want to unlock the phone and use the 3rd party apps youtube and the internet....im just completely stuck and have no idea what to do...if anyone can help me id be willing to donate some money to your paypal account im just out of options....
    I believe that ziphone changes the bootloader permanently so if it downgraded the bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9, then that could be where your problem lies. The bootloader is matched up with some of the other settings so if it's supposed to be a 4.6 when it's a 3.9, you are going to have problems. You may have to restore to an earlier firmware version that "looks" for the 3.9 bootloader.
    I'm not quite sure if this is your problem or of the process you need to take so you may need to do a bit of "googling". I also found Youtube a lot of help. Use their search engine and try different phrases that describe your problem and you may find some help. Good luck.