Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore 1.1.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Restore 1.1.1
    Is there any way to restore firmware 1.1.1 (which im using) so that it doesnt need to be downgraded, prepped for upgrade, then upgraded again. So basically im asking if you can restore 1.1.1 and then jailbreak it.

Thanks,
    Zach

I think I understand what you're asking. Here was my situation. Maybe it will help.

I had tried 4-5 times to unlock/activate my new 1.1.1 phone. I'd goofed up somewhere and it would not activate back at 1.1.1. So, with the phone software at 1.1.1 (not 1.0.2) I ran iNdependence > Firmware > Enter DFU Mode and let iNdependence work. When done with that, I had a phone in recovery mode. I then shut down iNdependence and started iTunes. Is recognized a 1.1.1 phone in recovery mode. I clicked recover. It worked!! You will get a message that iTunes has restored the phone to factory settings, or something like that.

I then went back to step one and didn't make any mistakes and have an unlocked & activated 1.1.1 using T-Mobile.

The critical steps I was missing was during the Pre 1.1.1 upgrade and when EXACTLY to close iNdependence and open iTunes and run it.

I have safely restored my iPhone 1.1.1 and activated it with touchfree. Unluckily, I cannot unlock it anymore with anysim. it says anysim cannot unlock this phone anysim will now close. Any thoughts? Thanks

Default unlock iphone
    how can i unlock just restored iphone from 1.0.1 to 1.1.1?