Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: anySIM 1.1 Trouble...Help Please

Default anySIM 1.1 Trouble...Help Please
    Im Looking for some help. I got my iPhone to the point where im about to use anySim. Im to the point where in the application screen i touch anySim and it opens. But when I go to slide to unlock it does not move. Do you know why im unable to slide it? is their a disclaimer i need to read before it will slide or did i mess up a step before i got to this point? Thanks in advance.

Thanks

A dialog box appear, click on it then u can slide the bar... Just close it and reopen it or try restarting your phone and then opening it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

elfribo (2007-10-23)

I am getting the unmoving slider as well. I wait for a dialog box, but none appears. The phone goes back to the "desktop" automatically.

did you remember to chmod it to 0755? or 0777

Quote Originally Posted by phokingtim View Post
    That did it. Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorman View Post
    That did it. Thank you for your help.
    How do i do this?

Quote Originally Posted by phokingtim View Post
    I am also stuck with unable to slide the "slider" to run anySIM 1.1 on my iPhone. Can you please elaborate on what you mean and how you "chmod it to 0755 or 0777". Since I am not familiar with the terminology, maybe a step by step for a newbie would be helpful.

Thank you in advance!

im stuck at unsliding bar also.... arggg

Thanks

you need to set permissions for the anysim.app folder contents to 0777...do this with ssh...!

To change the CMOD, the Noobie way (which is the only way i currently know).

Install the "FINDER" application, you can get it off http://pxl.ibrickr.com

Then in the Finder Application Press the "UP" back arrow (top left) until you cannot no more.

Find anysim.app Highlight it (with one tap) and then click the MODIFY button at the bottom bar.

It'll slide to the next screen, check all the buttons next to "owner" and "everyone"
    (the buttons say read,write and Exec).

Go back to your homescreen > anySim.

The other way, is to thru wifi or terminal. Its in one of the wikis. THe finder way is the easiers way tho.

Update: I dont think Finder works with changing permissions with 1.1.1, you'll have to wait for the new finder to come out. Sorry guys.
    Last edited by mofolo; 2007-10-31 at 01:59 PM.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

To mofolo (and anyone else who can help),

Thanks for your instructions regarding using the Mobile Finder software to change the permission of anySIM.app on the iPhone. I have followed your instructions and was able to click on (change from blue to gray color) the buttons you had described. Everything seemed to work EXCEPT that the anySIM slider still does NOT slide!

I am wondering if anyone else has any tips? Getting a bit frustrated with this whole process.

Thanks in advance.

try to use winSCP to connect your iPhone via wireless (user: root , pass: dootie or alpine), than go to applications, right click on 'anysim.app', go to properties, and change it to 0755. Do same thing with file "anysim" that is in 'anysim.app' directory. Then reboot your phone, and it should work

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nervous83 For This Useful Post:

shreksbrother (2007-10-30)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nervous83 View Post
    try to use winSCP to connect your iPhone via wireless (user: root , pass: dootie or alpine), than go to applications, right click on 'anysim.app', go to properties, and change it to 0755. Do same thing with file "anysim" that is in 'anysim.app' directory. Then reboot your phone, and it should work
    That fixed me up (but I changed mine to 0777)...Anyhow, I think the key is changing that file, not just the .app folder.
    Thanks to you!

Thank you nervous83 and shreksbrother,

I am at work at the moment but will attempt to use your tips later tonight when I get home. In the meantime, can you elaborate a bit more on the process of "using winSCP to connect my iPhone via wireless"? If you can give a bit more detail to those instructions, that would be most appreciated. (I have never used winSCP before and do not understand what it does.) As well, can I assume that winSCP is a Windows application? I do have a Windows machine that I can try this with but I am predominately working with a Mac. Any Mac specific tips, BTW?

Regards.

My phone firmware is 1.0 and is unlocked using iTune 7.3.0, ibrickr 8, and anySim (I believe anySim v.1.0.1) and it was working fine until my family accidentally tapped the anySim icon and got it "unlocked" again. Now the phone is now frozen and I can't make calls or o do anything. What should I do now? Is there a simple way that I can restore it back to the original UNLOCKED condition without going through upgrading to 1.1.1. and downgrading it again, because I am not sure if I am comfortable to revirginizing it.

Please kindy help.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nervous83 View Post
    OH WOW.... I LOVE YOU SO MUCH..

KISS KISS KISS

KISS
    KISSSSSSSSSSS

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!

THANKS!

hi.. to those that have success and failure using anySIM1.1
    are you on firmware 1.1.1? which revision is your 1.1.1 ?
    04.01.13_G or 04.02.04_G
    just curious if anySIM1.1 supports both firmware revision

after anysim runs...it tells me to restart my iphone and it couldn't unlock my phone...
    ?????