Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 1.1.1 running very slowly after attempted unlock

Unhappy Iphone 1.1.1 running very slowly after attempted unlock
    I bought a iphone at firmware 1.1.1 and attempted to unlock it. I followed the instructions and made a mistake so upgraded and down graded again. When i activated at 1.0.2 and then tried to connect to my wireless network the phone just seem to freeze so i restarted it. Now the phone is running very very slowly and i cant do anything on it. It is still jailbroken but can connect via putty or winscp as it doesnt get a wireless signal so no ip address. i can connect via ibrickr and the iphoneinterface.
    Im sure its the wireless service but how do i disable it? Ive tried a firmware upgrade but still doesnt solve the issue. Downgraded back to 1.0.2 and ran the jail break stuff via ibrickr.

PLEASE HELP

I have a windows system so please only give tools that i can run on windows

Thanks in advance

Somebody Helllllllpppppp

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey there, i had this happen before, you need to restore the phone, actually use the restore button in itunes, i had to use itunes 7.4.2 to recognize my phone correctly, i dont know if your going to need 7.4.2, but if nothing works use that version, but restore with the 1.1.1 firmware image

My first attempt at 1.1.1 yesterday caused this problem too. The keyboard was so slow in responding, I could no longer type. For some unknown reason, it just cleared up. I had another problem with space allocated to "other" so I restored to a factory fresh 1.1.1 and everything is running smoothly now. I suggest a complete restore and then use the "one click windows" jailbreak posted by ReVan. It works great and is so easy.