Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone unlocked, but only Wifi works

Default Phone unlocked, but only Wifi works
    Hey,

I unlocked my iPhone successfully using ZiPhone (v3.0) last night.

Installer works. I installed "anySIM", as well as Community Sources".

Wifi and Youtube works fine
    , I can't seem to make phone calls if it ties into the problem, because I need Edge to work so that I can take it with me when I leave the house.

I'm using a Sidekick data plan with T-Mobile (US), the firmware is 1.1.4 on a 16gb, and my OS is Windows XP if that helps.

What step have I neglected?
    Last edited by iqon; 2008-04-10 at 01:24 AM.

if you unlocked with ZiPhone, why do you require to install anySim - surely its all handled for you?

You've not said which firmware youre using - I presume 1.1.4? Maybe try using the pwnage tool instead - its "safer".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CeeJayCee For This Useful Post:

iqon (2008-04-10)

I followed a youtube vid when unlocking. It unlocked it, so I'm not too embarrassed.

But you're correct, I'm on 1.1.4 --- the only problem with your suggestion though, is that I do not have a Mac to run Pwnage. I also have no access to a SFTP file client as I've seen suggested to move/re-name files, so that might be my problem?

Quote Originally Posted by iqon View Post
    I followed a youtube vid when unlocking. It unlocked it, so I'm not too embarrassed.

But you're correct, I'm on 1.1.4 --- the only problem with your suggestion though, is that I do not have a Mac to run Pwnage. I also have no access to a SFTP file client as I've seen suggested to move/re-name files, so that might be my problem?
    Do you have a friend who has a mac you can use?

If not, try restoring your iPhone to 1.1.4 then run ZiPhone with the "do it all" option.

As for a Windows SCP client, WinSCP is good - Google is your friend...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Also your Sidekick plan's internet won't work on the iphone. you can either get the blackberry plan or total internet plan, both 19.99, or get tzones and use the hack

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iqon View Post
    Hey,

I unlocked my iPhone successfully using ZiPhone (v3.0) last night.

Installer works. I installed "anySIM", as well as Community Sources".

Wifi and Youtube works fine
    , I can't seem to make phone calls if it ties into the problem, because I need Edge to work so that I can take it with me when I leave the house.

I'm using a Sidekick data plan with T-Mobile (US), the firmware is 1.1.4 on a 16gb, and my OS is Windows XP if that helps.

What step have I neglected?
    You don't need edge to make phone calls, only for data. Are you saying you have no GSM signal at all?